Corsair Community

Lighting Node Pro. 3 way LED strip splitter query.

RNmed

Hello all,

Just recently received my lighting node pro set and I was wandering if it was possible to have 3 LED strips coming off one connection, but split 3 ways (using a 3 way splitter?) as opposed to linear/top to tail? This is to see if I can create a Flux Capacitor 'Y shape' whilst utilising the wave effect on the CUE softwear for the movie style light effect. Looking at making a case MOD in the style of the Ready player one Delorean.

Many thanks in advance.

IF it was possible, you'd have to configure it as a single strip. From what I understand, each LED "pops" it's color settings off of the stack and passes the data stream down. This data stream would be split three different ways. That also might make it difficult to get the effect that you want. You might also lose to much current splitting the data signal into three parts for it to operate effectively.

Such a splitter, by the way, does not exist. You may be able to make one, however. Parts are listed in the link in the my signature. You might actually be better off using that information to create connectors/wiring that would allow you to create the effect that you are looking for within the design constraints of the strips.

Many thanks. Would it be possible then for me to create a profile on a linear line of 3 strips but for each one to light up independantly but in synch to create the flux capacitor effect (would use extension leads between each one to arrange them in to the Y shape with a 'birds nest' of wiring hidden behind them).

Many thanks. Would it be possible then for me to create a profile on a linear line of 3 strips but for each one to light up independantly but in synch to create the flux capacitor effect (would use extension leads between each one to arrange them in to the Y shape with a 'birds nest' of wiring hidden behind them).

Yes, that would be possible, absolutely.

Cool that is very encouraging. Unfortunately I cannot seem to find instructions on how to create my own custom light effect. Playing with CUE I have tried editing the various 'custom' selections but seem to be having trouble with getting each strip to copy the same pattern as opposed to the pattern flowing through the strips as though they were one whole strip. Any guidance or links to creating a custom light effect would be very much appreciated. Many thanks again.

Take a look at the videos under iCue for the Link User (in my signature).

Essentially, the trick is going to be having multiple effects applied to each strip individually. If you want to get really crazy, you could even have effects applied to each light and time them manually - but that sounds tedious. Effects like the Custom Wave and Custom Ripple would like be able to get what you are looking for.

Another tip: when creating the effects, they start when you create them. It can be helpful to switch to another profile and then switch back to see them start at the same time.

Thats great! Just realised you have to add each effect. That was very simple now I know how. Used custom wave! Time to hit 88MPH!!!!! Thank you very much!

Awesome! Now ... you realize we're gonna want a video of this when it's done, right? :cool:

• 4 weeks later...
Well all has gone well! I have managed to mod my PC inspired by the book ready player one. Where can I upload pics and Vids? I managed to get the Flux Capacitor and Knight rider style LED show using the Lighting Node Pro and Corsair Utility engine (very easy). I probably should read the sticky.

Archived