Corsair Community

Purchase Pending - Couple questions on iCUE/Commander Pro control of RGB Fans

Darkness1015

I would like to get clarification/confirmation on a couple questions before a drop some bills on fans/lighting. I saw answers to some of the question from "Zotty" on the awesome "Information & Diagrams for Fans & Node Pros & Strips & Commander Pro's ETC" post but would just like to verify all the answers are still accurate as this is a big purchase for me on Fans ::)

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

I am looking to purchase 6 RGB Fans, most likely HD140 since I cannot live with rainbow effects during logout/lock/boot (with the LL140's), a commander pro and some LED strips.

#1 - Does HD140 have hardware/memory playback for RGB color on logout/lock/boot ? If not, is it the rainbow effects ? If it does, is it your current default profile or something else ?

#2 - Does HD140/command pro have hardware/memory playback for RPM speeds during logout/lock/boot ? Meaning command pro is not in contact with iCUE, so what would be the RPM speed of the fans during these times ?

#3 - Do the LED strings have hardware/memory playback for RGB color on logout/lock/boot ? If not, is it the rainbow effects ? If it does, is it your current default profile or something else ?

#4 - If I do not use a command pro and just use a lighting node pro and plug in the RGB fans power connector to motherboard. The RGB fans only have a 3-pin power connector. So I assume I cannot use PWM control on the motherboard to adjust the RPM speed ?

Thanks a bunch

1) Right now, all devices are rainbow on logout/lock/boot with iCue. I'm sure that you've seen the feedback on this. It is something that Corsair is looking at changing but I have no ETA for you right now. All devices except LL have hardware playback in Link.

2) Yes, it will remember the RPM speeds and use them as long as the service is running. It will be stored on the device and run without requiring the service if the temperature sources for the fan curve is one of the onboard sensors. If this is Link, the service doesn't run unless Link is running - so that's something to consider with Link.

3) See #1 above. That's all devices.

4) Only the SP-RGB fans have a 3-pin connector. All of the rest of them are 4-pin/PWM fans.

Thanks for the reply.

#1 - Ok, so when (hopefully) that fix/enhancement comes, I should stick to the HD fans as they will be able to store the custom effect right ?

#2 - Awesome

#3 - Same as #1 hopefully ? :)

#4 - Thanks.

One new question, can Link and iCUE run at the same time ? For example having the Fans/Strip in Link and Keyboard/Mouse in iCUE ?

Thanks for the reply.

#1 - Ok, so when (hopefully) that fix/enhancement comes, I should stick to the HD fans as they will be able to store the custom effect right ?

#2 - Awesome

#3 - Same as #1 hopefully ? :)

#4 - Thanks.

One new question, can Link and iCUE run at the same time ? For example having the Fans/Strip in Link and Keyboard/Mouse in iCUE ?

On 1 & 3 ... yes. And the fans don't actually store the effect, the LNP or CP does.

They can run at the same time but Link will cede control of all devices that iCue supports to iCue. This allows folks with devices that iCue doesn't support (some of the older devices) to run both. So ... it wouldn't work that way.

Archived