Corsair Community

Connecting 2 commander pros together

mmfish

Thank you I'm all in Corsair, 1200 link power supply, rgb light strips 570x case and switching out 100i v2 fans switching out for rgb, vengeance white rgb memory, 95 keyboard rgb, need plenty of outlets for all the rgb control, any other suggestions?

Why do rgb fans need to be plugged into RGB Fan LED Hub and then plug what into commander pro?

Because that's how they are designed.

Primarily, I think, for purposes of power. You have 4.5A total 5V current available for an entire Commander Pro over 2 channels. A fan hub filled with LL fans will get to almost 4A by themselves. There are certainly mods that you could do to get around this once you know the cables and how these things work but you'd be on your own for that ... and you'd need to be super-careful not to overload the current. The fan hubs make all of that go away.

I purchased a new 570x case due in tomorrow. I also purchased a separate Commander pro. Will the 570x case have a RGB Fan LED Hub included? I would also like to to thank you for your help.

Yes, it'll come with a fan hub if it has the SP-RGB fans. They will be connected (by default) to a push button controller but that can be replaced with a connection to the Commander Pro. You cannot, by the way, mix multiple RGB fan types on a single hub; you'll need a hub for each fan type.

Plan includes adding one sl fan to the back and 100iv2 above and ordered rgb ml fan for water cooler, I'll need a separate RGB Fan LED Hub for these 2 fans? How many RGB Fan LED Hub can connect to a commander pro?

Archived