Corsair Community

H100i v2 + 460X, fan question

Fynriel

So this case is obviously somewhat small, so I already realized that the radiator will need to go in the front. No problem, except now the fans that came with the cooler are now obsolete because the rad will attach to the front intake fans. But those are 3 pins vs. the 4 pins that came with the cooler. If I plug those into the water block cable, will they still be automatically speed controlled? Am I good there?

Also, while we're at it, if someone built with this same case, how did you angle the radiator so that the Corsair logo on the water block isn't upside down? I'm really anxious when rotating the block and putting pressure on the stiff hoses. I'm just dry fitting right now and trying to figure out which way it needs to go in.

So this case is obviously somewhat small, so I already realized that the radiator will need to go in the front. No problem, except now the fans that came with the cooler are now obsolete because the rad will attach to the front intake fans. But those are 3 pins vs. the 4 pins that came with the cooler. If I plug those into the water block cable, will they still be automatically speed controlled? Am I good there?

Hi buddy.. as far as i am aware the v2 is PWM only (4 pin) so the SP RGB fans wont work on the pump correctly :(

Also, while we're at it, if someone built with this same case, how did you angle the radiator so that the Corsair logo on the water block isn't upside down? I'm really anxious when rotating the block and putting pressure on the stiff hoses. I'm just dry fitting right now and trying to figure out which way it needs to go in.

http://i.imgur.com/S854llq.jpg

I would have mounted the rad further up to try and stop the tubes touching the GPU..

taken from this thread

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=165255

upgrade the fans to PWM rgb fans (LL/HD/ML)

So there are PWM fans that are otherwise identical to my front intake fans? They have to be exactly the same since I would only be replacing 2 out of 3 at the front and they should all look the same obviously.

Also, concerning your picture. My rad would be mounted to he top 2 fans not the bottom 2 because the drive cage is in front of the bottommost. Will that still work?

Alright so what if I stuck with the SP120 RGB fans from the case and plugged them into the board instead. Where would I plug them in and what do I need to do to control them?

I read in another thread a proposed solution that went like this: Water block to Sys_Fan_Pump and the two case fans to CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT. I don't really understand the difference and function of all these different fan headers on the board. Would benefit would I get from plugging a case fan into CPU_FAN vs. a regular fan header. And how would i set them up in the bios to control the fan speed for the cpu/coolant temps?

Another solution I've seen is keep the pump on CPU_FAN and then the case fans on regular headers and control them with something called SpeedFan, which I don't yet know what that is.

If you are going to replace the fans on the front rail with HD/LL/ML-RGB, you will want to do all three. 1) They are sold in a 3 pack. 2) That 3 pack comes with a free Lighting Node Pro, which you will need. 3) Running different RGB fan types is a pain in the @@@. You need a separate lighting hub for each type. You would have one SP120 RGB and need to wire an entire controller, just for it and then plug that into the LNP, instead of something more fun, like RGB strips.

Archived