Corsair Community

H150i Pro + PWM Splitter

CaptainXCrunch

Hey guys , i was wondering if it was possible to put 6 fans on my H150i Pro . What i mean by this is there's 3 PWM connector coming out of the H150i Pro ... if i put a "Y" splitter on top of each of these 3 connector and hook up a ML120 and a LL120 on each "Y" splitter would it cause any problem ?

I'm asking but i wouldn't be surprise if power output is not enough to power 6 fans . Thanks again !

I just read that since the H150i Pro have a SATA plug on it i have 2A output . So the cooler should take 0.45a , ML120 : 0.22a each and LL120 : 0.33a each ... so if i did my math right that mean i would have a 1.66a draw from the fan + 0.45a from the pump which put me slightly over 2a ...

So now my question is since i'm not gonna run these fan at max speed , would i be ok ?

Damn , that's intense since i'm running the fan at 55% and pump at lowest setting :/ I would've really want to be able to control these 6 fans in iCUE without the Commander pro :( I'll take your advice , i'll just set them at 55% in the BIOS then ! Thanks for the advice , if anyone else have a different opinion lemme know !

Don't forget the pump has to draw from the SATA power line as well, so you don't have the full 2.0A to use. It has been suggested previously 1.50A was the reserve. The three LL at 0.30A each are the ones that pile up. You don't want to take current totals to their limit. It's not a steady value and fluctuates quite a bit. 80% of the maximum available is where I stop, but it is also like CPU temperature with no universal stop point -- except after it fails. Surpassing the current limit likely kills the fan controller circuit on the H150i board. However, these things sometimes do additional damage and you could lose RGB, pump power, or anything else controlled on the circuit board.

If you are still considering getting a Commander Pro, you don't need to do this anyway. You can stick 3 fans on the C-Pro and run them on the same curve (or any other) as the H150i controlled fans. Coolant temp is a control variable on the C-Pro as well. You can run all case fans at matching speeds or their own unique curves based on fan type. That makes it little better since the ML and LL will have different ranges and can be tuned as a block of 3.

Alright , i will just plug them in the motherboard for the moment , i'll take your advice ! Reason why i was asking is because the Commander Pro is a bit pricy for me at thte moment since i just spent around 350$ for a new case and 3 fans and i want to wait to find it on sale , so it was just a temporary solution , but i'll go on the safe side and will plug my 3 LL fan on the motherboard ! Thanks again !

Keep in mind 3 LL fans at 0.30A each takes you to 90% of your max for a 1.0A motherboard header. If you have one of those High Amp (H_AMP) 2 or 3 amp headers, great. Otherwise, you need to split them 2 and 1 across 2 headers. That Commander Pro doesn't go on sale too often, however it sure does solve a lot of control and set-up issues. I know another $50 is not overly desirable, but it is also a lot easier to set it up this way from the start. At the same time, the world won't end if you wait.

Keep in mind 3 LL fans at 0.30A each takes you to 90% of your max for a 1.0A motherboard header. If you have one of those High Amp (H_AMP) 2 or 3 amp headers, great. Otherwise, you need to split them 2 and 1 across 2 headers. That Commander Pro doesn't go on sale too often, however it sure does solve a lot of control and set-up issues. I know another $50 is not overly desirable, but it is also a lot easier to set it up this way from the start. At the same time, the world won't end if you wait.

I have 5 fan header empty on my motherboard , i should be alright , i just didn't want the cable to come on this side of the case but i'll manage to keep it clean :P Also , i'm in Canada , so the Commander Pro will set me back almost a hundred Canadian Roubles :P

That's good. In this era of "specialized" chassis fan headers, it is often hard to find one that actually can control something.

Atleast if i'm right ... lollll ! I have the Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 , if i remember correctly there's 5 header which i can control from the bios or Smart Fan app ! :)

Archived