Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance 8GB fails to wake up from sleep... sometimes

Rasputine

God, I hate intermittent errors! Please some clues, this is driving me mad:

Gigabyte H87M-HD3

Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL9 XMP

CIT 450w Gold 12CM Silent Atx Power Supply

Seems like 1 in 5 times, it fails to wake up from sleep mode and I hear the MB classic beep beep beep signaling memory failure.

"Seems" like it only does this with both memory sticks and at 1600 Mhz (at 1333 Mhz doesn't fail). I have tested each stick separately and it seems none fails.

Is this a power issue? (BTW, I only used 4 pins on the ATX 12v 2x4 pins connector, as the power source has only a 4 pin and 6 pin cable).

THANKS! I bought this in Amazon and don't know what to return back!

Is this a power issue? (BTW, I only used 4 pins on the ATX 12v 2x4 pins connector, as the power source has only a 4 pin and 6 pin cable).

Can you tell us more about that PSU? If your board has an 8 pin CPU connector you need to use an 8 pin connector from the PSU. These newer Z87/H87 MOBOs are VERY VERY finicky about power.

It's your choice but I would not use that PSU with any modern MOBO and especially an *87 chipset. They are VERY picky about the power supply.

NO! Do not use any other connector, the pin outs are different and you will damage your system. My suggestion is to buy a proper brand name PSU that is current and tested/verified to work with your chipset. You need a proper 8 pin connector.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived