Corsair Community

RM650X blown

MrPotatohead

Hello,

I have the RM650X, it makes a pop noise every time i switch the switch on the surge protected extension lead which my pc is plugged into. Yesterday when i switched the switched it blown the fuse in PSU, there was a loud bang and a flash, it also tripped my fuse box. The PSU now is completely dead.

This is the 2nd RM650X within 1yr, the same problem happened before which then i got a replacement. I've looked around on different forums and read that other people have had the same problem with this particular PSU.

My question is why this happening? Is the RM650X a bad PSU or am i doing something wrong?

hello,

to me the exact same thing happened, but i cant reach the support so i had to order a new with the hope to get a refund on my defective one. i always had this electric explosions, like a popping noise and sometimes a flash when i switched it on, but i thought its was because of current fluctuation, until the day where it completely died :(

• 1 month later...

It appears that I have the same problem with my second RM1000i, after almost one year of normal use. I haven't look after my present PSU to detect any flash that the first one was able to produce (even flash through its rear panel), but the "Pop" noise is loud enough to be detected.

I am waiting for information from Corsair team.

Archived