Corsair Community

LL120 3 Pack Fans with Controller

djbeenie

So I just purchased a 3 pack Fan and lightng controller from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-LL120-120mm-Light-Lighting/dp/B075VGN4M1/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1515681324&sr=8-1&keywords=corsair+ll120

Do I have to purchase the commander to make these fans run? The fans light up but do not run. The instruction manual doesn't mention that this is needed.

Thanks!

You DO NOT need to Commander Pro (CoPro). This set comes with a Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) and an RGB Fan Controller (FanCo). You will need to connect the LL fans to the FanCo (in ports 1, 2, and 3) and then the FanCo to the NoPro. The FanCo can be connected to either one of the RGB ports on the NoPro but you'll need to remember which port it's connected to.

Both the FanCo and the NoPro need SATA connections. The NoPro is also connected to your motherboard via USB. Once ALL of that is hooked up, install Corsair Link and add the fans to the correct port on the NoPro.

It would be similar to this (without the cooler):

y4m8VJbF-8xqtr9Np40dMpxxtRpGQPFYLmLDD4McBEcUpG2o8hbh6uVYECCffy_iEHC_5HgxbY82LbQu9l2d0uvm_XW1jEKeDM2Ey6SoAoIGFNeKBpm13ljrG6XgQM5IwO0f5KbbPvlHpXnt-NftpJwxHcf2eBEvWmuJWYVFRHskTCJ0dUP2ZFp7f3G-TPKcyuhz6FAz3fCi1I4BDy1YG0Z3A?width=748&height=368&cropmode=none

Thanks for the clarification. I am not getting any power to the FANs other than RGB. Any ideas what is wrong? I have 4 fans.

Are the fans also connected to motherboard fan headers? There are two cables for each fan ... one is for the fan and one is for RGB.

RGB gets plugged in as described previously. The fan header connectors are plugged in to the motherboard or any 4-pin/PWM controller.

You may be able to use splitters; just be careful not to exceed 1.0A per fan header. The fans are rated at 0.30A so you could get away with 3 per header (though that's cutting it closer than I like). The downside is that you won't be able to control the fans individually; the CoPro would allow you to do that.

Archived