Corsair Community

Obsidian hot swap bay

Sneaky

Hi,

2 weeks ago my new xtreme 32ssd drive packed in, i say packed in pc froze reboot with restart pc with bootup device not found or correct media...or simlar...my memory!

however it was there in bios so formatted reinstalled or tried reinstalling windows then found out my dvd reader failed...not a happy bunny :( (my other hard drives in bay 1 are always picked up in bios)

went to Scan.co.uk close to me, explained previous events, even bought new DVD drive, they tested the ssd drive which was dead, unfortunatly they had none in stock to replace so coughed up more beer tokens and got 64ssd xtreme.

installed ssd and dvd device, same prompt no boot device etc etc... quick call to scan for advice try another bay...doh! clever these chaps yes it was there in bios, so removed and pressed the bay well in swap bay 1 or top bay-rebooted- bios found it, duely installed windows and sweet pc running fine.

this morning my pc froze...reboot same prompt reboot with propper boot device or media...oh no not again, i removed the ssd also removed my other hard drives and then noticed the ssd drive drive sat further back in the bay carrier by at least 2mm. so out came the dremmel elongated the two holes refitted the drive (windows started in normal mode) hey presto all ok

i know things exspand and contract maybe the drive tollerances where tight, however i will update.

Archived