Corsair Community

I can't get app to work

Rip Steele

I'm trying to set up my new voyager. I downloaded the app to my android phone and it said I needed to update it. I've been trying with no luck. It has 1.2.8 on it now. I've kept it plugged up and followed instructions and it looks like it takes it, but it never changes.

That's right. I click on the install button and everything looks like it's working. The wifi light blinks, but it only lasts a minute. I turn everything off and reconnect and the same 1.2.8 version is still there. I trying to get this thing working before I leave for the beach monday for my kids to watch movies on the way down. I'm lost though. Is there another way to do it?

So the Voyager Air is currently on FW 1.2.8?

If yes, updating to FW 2.0.17 is different to the FW 1.2.8 update process.

Instead of using the app to "install" the firmware, drag the update file "VoyagerAir-dev.pkg" to the root folder of the Voyager Air drive e.g. D:\. Then turn the drive off, plug the Voyager Air to the wall adapter and turn it on. The Wi-Fi should blink and the firmware should update.

I'd suggest you take a look a the detailed instructions included with the firmware update file.

If you have a Voyager Air 2,

Take a look at this thread.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=129917

If you cannot get it to work, feel free to contact Technical Support using Skype by calling their toll-free number on Corsair's website.

Yes, the update from 1.2.8 to 2.0.17 uses a different type of firmware image (what we call a "rescue image") that is downloaded and copied to the root folder, then the drive should automatically install when you power-cycle it (making sure you have the drive plugged in to power).

If this install is not successful, you probably have file corruption on the disk. Start by running Disk Check on the drive; if that doesn't fix it, you may need to (temporarily) move content off of the drive, and possibly even reformat the drive to fix the problems.

Archived