Corsair Community

RGB Fans and LnPro and Cpro

Alcasczar

I have just experienced something very strange, me and my buddy are doing this project on our rigs , adding in RGB fans to add flair to our rigs. We tend to be competitive so we're doing this to see who's comes out better just between us we'll have our other friends and family vote.

Long story short, he screwed up and the result of not doing his proper research and rushing to get it done.

He bought the 3 packs of the LL series fans and commander pro, since he opened everything up it got mixed up and he connected that Micro USB cable to his RGB LED Hub (the port where he should of connected the cable to link up with his CPro)

The result was smoke appeared and fried his SATA power cable on the RGB hub, I went over to his house and was in dismay that the micro USB cable could actually feel like it would connect to this port so I can see how he made the mistake. The rest of his RIG appears to be OK, nothing else was ruined other than that sata power cable.

Woah just woah... never MIX the pieces up folks, learn from my friend's mistake and do your research. If you get Cpro just put all the Npro stuff aside cause you don't need it.!!!

Hi bud.... It is impossible to plug the Female 9 pin internal usb plug from the mini usb cable into the port of the RGB Fan LED hub.. it just wont fit in that hole at all.. I have just tried. I am more inclined to think he has tried plugging the RGB fan LED Hub into an none Corsair specific RGB header on his motherboard or worse.. some other RGB system??

unless you mean he plugged the other end (smaller end, mini usb plug)of the usb cable in there?.. that will fit.. very very loosely but none the less will go in....

YUP, lol that's exactly what he did but it stayed in for him long enough to power on the system to literally cook that cable. I was able to repair with electrical tape but I would not trust it, I got him to buy a new package instead of trying to get warranty for it and lying to Corsair support on how/why it happened.

YUP, lol that's exactly what he did but it stayed in for him long enough to power on the system to literally cook that cable. I was able to repair with electrical tape but I would not trust it,

no i wouldnt either... dont be surprised if he has also damaged the fans... the RGB Fan LED Hub is effectivly just a junction box. it will have passed voltage on to any fans attached to it :(.

I got him to buy a new package instead of trying to get warranty for it and lying to Corsair support on how/why it happened.

Top Man!.. honesty is always the best policy. he made the mistake and gotta learn by it.. lying is no way to learn a lesson lol.....

no i wouldnt either... dont be surprised if he has also damaged the fans... the RGB Fan LED Hub is effectivly just a junction box. it will have passed voltage on to any fans attached to it :(.

I tested them and they all appear to be working as is the rest of the system, I told him he has no idea how lucky he is that this mistake of his didn't cascade down. Could be top quality parts and resilience or just perfect timing of cutting the power when he did.

I tested them and they all appear to be working as is the rest of the system, I told him he has no idea how lucky he is that this mistake of his didn't cascade down. Could be top quality parts and resilience or just perfect timing of cutting the power when he did.

What PSU has he got?.. should/could have saved his very very lucky rear end!

What PSU has he got?.. should/could have saved his very very lucky rear end!

He has a Coolermaster v1200 , I have had good luck with it so I gave it to him as I'm slowly switching out my stuff in favor of Corsair due to this RGB craze I'm going through.

O

M

F

G.......

Sick setup. Is that a Obsidan 500 SE case on the far left?

Beautiful setup!

Thanks dude.. Case is the 570x gen1

Is that desk something you made or bought?

Swooon!

Just a Table with folding legs I got for cheap money off of Facebook Market Place locally, type of thing you seen in hotels and conference centres. and perfect for my needs lol, takes the weight of all 4 screens with no issues at all. The little shelf to its side isnt part of the desk

Archived