Corsair Community

P5W DH works with 2 CMx1024-8500C5D but not 4?

AUGieDogie

OK so I have been running the Asus P5W DH with 2 CMX1024-8500C5D Moduals for quite some time now. The system is stable and even overclocks by about 10%. I just purchased 2 more moduals of the exact same memory (great price with rebate!!!!) and when i install the two new ones I cant even POST! it just freezes on the screen that says "hit del to enter setup" 3 chips give me a checksum error and if i go back to my two original chips it works fine. Is it just not possible to run 4 chips on this board?

P5W DH Delux newest bios installled tonight

Intel Core 2 Extreme qx6700 running 2671MHz

Bus speed listed 267

Fsb listed 1068

Mem Freq 333MHz

FSB:Drm 4:5

5-5-5-15 with 21 bank cycle time

Info taken from cpu z

• Corsair Employee
TRC should be set to 28-30 with these modules. And what do you have the memory Voltage and NB Voltage set to? And try and reset the BIOS with all four modules installed and see if it will post and if so set the memory to DDR667 at set the Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH Voltage to 1.45 Volts.

Well, I cant get the new ram to work at all. I pulled the 2 moduals that were in there and put the new ones in as the primarys all by themselves and no go. Works just fine with the old ones but not at all with new ones. So.............. what next, should I contact cust service and get an RMA

With just the new modules installed one at a time please try and reset the MB BIOS with the Clear BIOS jumper and then see if it will post.

So put one chip in the first mem slot and reset? then the other? I guess that would tell me which modual is failing. will try. Thanx

well, I tried the moduals one at a time in mem slot one, one of the moduals posts just fine, but the other just hangs at the logo screen. I also tried them with 3 moduals in (my orig 2+one new one) and got the same problem.

Looks like I have one bad modual

• 1 month later...

Archived