Corsair Community

EVGA geforce gtx980 sli set up corsair link problem with one graphics card fans

HYPPS

This is my first time building a computer so I need some help with this issue. I have two EVGA GeForce gtx980 graphics cards in SLI mode, now I understand that they do not spin unless the graphics temperature is above 60 degrees Celsius. Everything looks correct in the windows 8.1 system and everything operating. Upon playing starcraft II on extreme settings I noticed only one of the graphics cards fans were spinning through Corsair Link.

Corsair Link recognises both graphics cards in the interface but the temperature and fan speed are both at 0. The computer recognises both graphics cards and they are set in sli so they are working together right? I don't understand why one graphics card fans are not working when the other one's fans are working. I don't know how it works, as in, does only one of the graphics cards do most of the work in a less demanding game like starcraft II and the other one kicks in when needed or do they always balance the load out in parallel? It could be a corsair link issue in my opinion not being able to read the temperature of the second graphics card and hence not turn on the fans of it. I'm worried that it will burn out the second graphics card because its not able to cool itself. Any help on this issue would be appreciated on how to get Corsair link to operate both graphics cards properly or any other solution.

Which version of CL are you using? I have 4 x GTX 980 and CL v3.1.5525 only ever reports one of them when I invoke it, though it often reports a new GTX 980 whenever I start it. This is a long standing and known issue which 3.1.5570 was meant to resolve. I acquitted an early release, but it only half solves it. It also still as locking issues which I reported in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138035 so I am currently at a loss as to how Corsair could even contemplate releasing this!

Which version of CL are you using? I have 4 x GTX 980 and CL v3.1.5525 only ever reports one of them when I invoke it, though it often reports a new GTX 980 whenever I start it. This is a long standing and known issue which 3.1.5570 was meant to resolve. I acquitted an early release, but it only half solves it. It also still as locking issues which I reported in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138035 so I am currently at a loss as to how Corsair could even contemplate releasing this!

I'm using version 3.1.5525 Corsair Link(CL). The latest one I think. I've tried another game at high settings and the second graphics card's fans do work so that's a relief. Although I can't tell the exact speed difference, the second one(the one that isn't displaying temp of fan speed in CL) seems to spin slower and stops spinning much earlier than the first one. So my question is, does CL only probe one of them(the main one) and the actual fans are independently controlled by the graphics card itself?

I'm using version 3.1.5525 Corsair Link(CL). The latest one I think. I've tried another game at high settings and the second graphics card's fans do work so that's a relief. Although I can't tell the exact speed difference, the second one(the one that isn't displaying temp of fan speed in CL) seems to spin slower and stops spinning much earlier than the first one. So my question is, does CL only probe one of them(the main one) and the actual fans are independently controlled by the graphics card itself?

3.1.5570 has just been released. When I tested it I still found issues. When I first ran it all of my 4 x GTX 980 were reported correctly and I thought it had been fixed, however I exited CL and then restarted it and there were 8 x GTX 980 of which only 4 reported correctly :confused:. As I did not develop CL I am not sure what it does and when it poles the GPUs.

I spent a few weeks trying to get CL to correctly report my system last September/October. In the end I gave up on it and extended my SIV utility to report and control my CL hardware. Some find SIV works better that CL. I have never seen or received a report of SIV incorrectly reporting GPU information and having written the code to do this am at a loss as to why CL has issues doing this.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140665

The GPU fans are controlled by the GPU architecture and firmware. There shouldn't be any need to force them on unless the GPU temperature is too high. These cards are meant to operating in the 50 Celsius range.

I personally run GTX 980 Classified SLI and have never seen the temperatures over 55 Celsius.

If you're concern, try using EVGA Precision app some have had success with the fans and custom curves.

• Corsair Employee

We released it because the blinking temperatures for international users were a showstopper.

Here are our options: we release one version of CL every six months while we try to resolve every little issue, or we release a new version that has a couple of issues fixed and at least get some more customers taken care of.

I lobbied hard to have this version released because of the number of international users with problems.

Archived