Corsair Community

Force 3 120 GB BSOD

nikoneye

Hi,

I've expiriencing BSOD on my system (latest was 0x0000007A).

After reset, my SSD disappear and I have to turn my computer off.

Things I've tried:

* SATA Cables is labelled as SATA 3. I have two of them and I tried to switch them.

* I checked that drive is working in AHCI mode

* I updated Intel Rapid Storage (SSD is connected to Intel port, not Marvell). My current version is 10.6.0.1002

* I turned off hdd sleep in Windows

* I turned on hot swap for SSD drive in BIOS

* Recently, I updated BIOS to version 1850 (this probably cause change of BSOD error code - 0x000000F4 before, 0x0000007A now)

After BIOS update, I get BSOD 2 days after. In time that BSOD appear, I was downloading some files and playing MP3 music, so SDD drive should be busy. Unfortunately, I can't tell if there was a system lag before BSOD.

Just an info - my system is installed on SSD drive and it was a clean install (no clonning) and I have a new serie of a disk (112400301).

I'd like to ask, what I can do to avoid these BSOD, because I'm getting BSOD once a few days and I can't count on my computer now.

Should I try to do SSD firmware upgrade? I'm afarid of doing it, because it's not possible to flash previous firmware back and there are absolutely no info about that firmware.

Thank you.

Regards,

Lukáš Marek

Well, I got a BSOD yesterday, two days after firmware upgrade (KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR 0x0000007A). After reset, BIOS was unable to detect my SSD and I have to power off, so I guess it's still a SSD drive issue.

Do you have any other ideas how to fix this (see my first post).

I'm a little frustrated still having these issues..

Thanks,

Lukas

EDIT: It seems 1.3 firmware causing BSOD more often than 1.2! I got 2 BSOD just today!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi I got a replacement direct from Corsair about 2 weeks ago and it had started having the same problems not as bad but still happens. You only need to put sandforce 2200 problems into google to see how many SSD's with this controller are having exactly the same problem and the Force 3 with these problems is all over the place.

They do it on all chipsets Intel and AMD. I am on X58 myself and there plenty of people with AMD chipsets are having the same problem if you have a look on google. Wish i never got rid of my C300 marvell based drive never had a single problem with it just the write wasn't very good should have got a second one and Raided it.

I have not had a BSOD for over a week now so fingers crossed. I had exactly the same problems as you guys & I ended up taking it out I was that frustrated. (motherboard is a Gigabyte ga-z68ma-d2h-b3 with the latest beta bios) Then I sat down & did a full secure erase (already done the firmware to 1.3 previously) I installed windows yet again (having first disconnected my 2 Samsung F3's), then I installed the motherboard drivers, then I installed the latest Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver & then updated Windows & installed my IS (norton360). Then I installed all my programs etc and so far so good.......

ps I had done this a few times but this time it seems to have worked.....

Will

Tried all that myself it still does it if I leave my computer Idle long enough. they even sent me an AA revision of the drive with a new firmware, it still loses perfomance then start to crash with what I suspect to be the TRIM function causing it. Last time I was downloading something from origin download manager went up the shops came back 2 hours later to see the computer had crashed and a message saying no bootable device and the drive gone from the bios, turned the PC of and back on again it was back I have been unable to replicate this problem with other SSD's(SF1200 and Marvell) or mechanicals

Archived