Corsair Community

RGB fans & strips not responding to CPU & GPU temp settings

peterderek

System includes Corsair Commander Pro and Lighting Node Pro, connected to Corsair HD140 RGB fans and Corsair strips. Everything seems to be working well, EXCEPT for one function. In the Corsair Link software, you can set fans or strips for temperature, with three different color/temp options. I tried using it based on the CPU Package temp as well as the GPU temp. It simply doesn't FULLY work. I can watch the colors in the Corsair Link software interface, but nothing happens at the actual fans or strips -- no change with temp change. Doesn't matter if fans/strips are connected to the CP or the LNP. There seems to be some sort of disconnect between the software and the signal sent to the RGB devices. Any ideas, or is this a known issue?

Not a known issue that I'm aware of ... I just tested this on my system and it worked just fine.

Do you have both devices, CP and LNP, installed? Trying to troubleshoot. First thing is to uninstall and reinstall the software. Then I might consider unplugging CP or LNP, or alternating. Since it shows correctly in the software, possible it's once of the devices.

OK, I have resolved the issue, mostly. The fix is to both uninstall the software AND select the option to remove all saved configurations. Reinstall, enable color changes with temp and it now works. The downside is that this function, unlike others which are stored in CP or LNP, requires that Link is running. That would be fine, except for the already reported ( known bug (replicated by Corsair) in Link related to tick-tock/ping-pong sound coming with mechanical hard drives when Link is running. I will circle back and engage the temp feature if and when Corsair resolves the hard drive issue.

Archived