Corsair Community

K70 RGB Macros..what am I missing?

dwbarnett

Hey gang. I've been trying to create a macro in a software program. It is not working. I believe I have followed the manual creating the macro. It just won't work in the program

I'll list the steps, maybe someone could tell me what I'm missing? This might be a little lengthy, apologies in advance.

OK, here are my steps.

1. Created new profile called LOR SE, and linked it to my LOR Sequence Editor.(program used for sequencing light displays)

2. Created a Mode called LOR SE Copy/Paste Macro, linked to program.

3. I then changed the M key to White, to stand out when using this profile/mode. All of that functions fine. It auto switches just fine when starting the LOR program.

4. I then go to the assignments tab. I also leave LOR open to switch to it easily. I select my Macro settings, pretty much defaults; except mouse movement and delays unchecked.

5. Hit record, switch to the LOR program, then use the following mouse/keyboard sequence:

1. RT Click to open Menu, choose a selction called Select Rows, Lft Click to select.

2. RT Click again, choose Copy, LFT Click to select.

3. LFT Click on a TAB to change to different sequence

4.RT Click, OPen Menu, choose Paste Multiple, LFT Click to select

this opens a selection window, in which I type in the number 3 in a selection box.

5.Left Click OK to close window.

6. Re-Open CUE, to select STOP.

7. I then edit the Macro to delete unneeded operations.

I verify that my profile is selected to the LOR SE, it is selected.

I then press the M key that is attached to the Macro( looking at the key assignments, it shows the M key as the Macro)

After pressing the M key, nothing happens. I waited for 3 minutes in case it had longer delays. But I see no windows opening up At All.

I tried this 3 times now from scratch, I'm stumped. Can anyone see what I may be missing. Would make my life a lot simpler, if I can get this macro to work.

I'm running the latest build 1.2.77, Firmware 1.13.

I use Windows 64 Ult. 64.

Is there some service I should ensure is running, that could affect my macro?

I'm fresh out of ideas.

Any help appreciated.

Best,

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Hi David,

You'll need some sort of delay between each step or the macro software will treat everything simultaneously since it assumes everything is instant. You don't have to add a long delay but you should right click the macro window -> Insert Delays -> Between all events in macro -> and do a random Between 1 and 5ms delay (for example).

• 2 years later...
Hey gang. I've been trying to create a macro in a software program. It is not working. I believe I have followed the manual creating the macro. It just won't work in the program

5. Hit record, switch to the LOR program, then use the following mouse/keyboard sequence:

1. RT Click to open Menu, choose a selection called Select Rows, Lft Click to select.
  2. RT Click again, choose Copy, LFT Click to select.
  3. LFT Click on a TAB to change to different sequence
  4. RT Click, OPen Menu, choose Paste Multiple, LFT Click to select this opens a selection window, in which I type in the number 3 in a selection box.
  5. Left Click OK to close window.

The macro recorder doesn't record the mickeys of mouse motion, so although your mouse clicks are recorded, unless there are keyboard shortcuts to perform navigation, the clicks might be on the wrong objects.

In particular, this can affect the effectiveness of where you "choose a selection called Select Rows", "choose Copy", "LFT Click on a TAB", "OPen Menu", "choose Paste Multiple", and navigate to the selection window in which you typed the number 3 in a selection box.

Archived