Corsair Community

BSOD Help

C.C.

Hey guys,

Sorry if this specific question has been asked before, but I'm towards the end of my wits.

My computer has been consistently and constantly BSODing like it's its job. This has been like this since March. I messed around with drivers and what not, did a mem test, all signs came back clean. But, the BSODing continued. Eventually I ran the system with one stick, and the BSODing stopped. I have my 'ah-ha!' moment, RMA the two ram sticks, and get two new ones from Corsair.

BSODing stops for three weeks, now starts up again. This is my very first build and I'm just getting really discouraged. So, I'm here to ask if it's a RAM compatability. While the ram isn't listed by corsair, I checked on a few forms (tom's hardware, overclockers) and the threads said I'd be fine.

I'm running a ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 motherboard with one set of 8GB (4x2) Vengeance Low Profile (Sku: CML8GX3M2A1600C9W). Could it be that I just got two batches of bad ram from Corsair... or is the comaptability the issue? Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated.

If you're interested, here's the 7 page long, 3 month old thread I have going on at sevenforums: link. The guys there have been really helpful, despite the lack fo solution.

Thanks

Remove the CPU cooler and then remove the cpu . From there you can look at the pins to see if any are bent. A magnifying glass works well to help. They are pretty small!

However, i'm not so sure it is RAM related. May want to have a look at your PSU voltages to see where they are.

Is there a program that will tell my PSU voltages? (Sorry, as I mentioned, first build, total noobie).

Just an update. Last night I removed one of the sticks and the computer's been running fine ever since (Less than 24 hours). I haven't tried running the computer with the stick I removed, I'm kind of just enjoying a working computer and don't want to rock the boat.

At any rate, I will eventually swap out the sticks in this slot and see what happens. Then put this stick in the other slot to see what happens.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Is there a program that will tell my PSU voltages? (Sorry, as I mentioned, first build, total noobie).

Sure, you can check your BIOS(which would be the most accurate) or you can use Hardware monitor found here

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

But please note software is usaully inaccurate, so the BIOS would be best.

Just an update. Last night I removed one of the sticks and the computer's been running fine ever since (Less than 24 hours). I haven't tried running the computer with the stick I removed, I'm kind of just enjoying a working computer and don't want to rock the boat.

At any rate, I will eventually swap out the sticks in this slot and see what happens. Then put this stick in the other slot to see what happens.

If it runs fine with the second stick by itself as well as the first, but not together, then there is something wrong with the MB/ or memory controller located in your CPU. (possible bent pins in the socket too)But if the second stick gives you problems by itself then it's pretty clear that you would need to replace the memory.

Archived