Corsair Community

Settings Not Staying Durring A Reboot

Hapatingjaky

Sup all?

I recently purchased a Corsair K95 Platinum, Dark Core RGB SE and an MM1000 mousepad and decided to move over too ICue. Basically since in no longer in the "Early Access" stage and it will control everything. Prior to this I was using Link.

With Link I could change the settings manually for each device. I have 6x Corsair ML120 RGB's on my Corsair H150i Pro. I also have 4x Corsair ML140 RGB's in the system. I've got two Corsair Commander Pro's that basically control it all with of course the Lighting Hubs also plugged in. Like I said I could easily select the fan, adjust the speed and lighting done. I could even uninstall the Link software afterwards and the settings would remain.

Not with ICue, which I find to be far inferior to Link in regards to Fan/Cooler support. Its fine for peripheral support. I don't want to run two separate pieces of software.

So my question, is there a way to upload all my settings to the hardware and remove ICue after this is done? Even when I restart the system none of the fans turn on until the system enters Windows ( no RGB or correct fan speeds. They do spin at the lowest RPM from what I can tell ).

1) What version of iCUE are you using? The recent 3.4.95 introduced a fan toggle (auto/DC/PWM). Along with that came some strange fan behavior in my system, including 100% power on blasting where prior versions had none. Also, the device cannot read motherboard dependent values like cpu or gpu temp when the software is not running (like during boot). It can read its own data like coolant temp and temp probes. What is the control variable for your fans? Presumably H150i temp is the control variable for the 6xml120 on the radiator. What about the others?

2) Save to device - this is conspicuously absent from iCUE thus far and one of my pet peeves. Lighting clearly does not save. My fan profiles do through the C-Pro and H115i Pro cooler, although exactly how this happens is unknown to me. Nevertheless it works from C-Pro derived data.

3) There are things I don’t like about iCUE and a few missing features from Link, but you have more and more precise control options than before. What are you trying to do that isn’t possible?

4) I think if you are going to scrap the software, you want roll back to Link 4.9 to establish a color scheme, then set Link not to run on start up. Your profiles won’t transfer, so you need to recreate them if you purged the profiles going iCUE (Link saves them in a different place). You will also need CUE 2.24.50 for your new peripherals, so there is your two pieces of software. iCUE keyboard stuff will not transfer to CUE2. Your HW1-2-3 profiles should,via the device itself.

There are reasons to use Link + CUE 2 instead of iCUE. I am doing that now so I can run my diagnostic and other monitoring software without causing a conflict. Quit Link, retain CUE 2, run other programs. The downside is I lose out on complex or integrated lighting between the peripheral and internal devices.

Archived