Corsair Community

PLEASE HELP ME (asus p5n-e sli and 6400c4d)

Snake_A

i have 6400C4D with Asus P5N-E SLI and my computer freazes at the First log in into windows but when i reset it it works ok. what the problem might be?

I tried :

4-4-4-12-22 2T

I tried:

With

2.1 V

2.0 V

But i cant solve the problem. can anyone PLEASE help me?

I understood your issue, but I wanted to isolate the DRAM as being the issue. Now we know that the problem is not the DRAM. You would do far better to contact the ASUS help forum, and ask them about this issue as they have far better experience with these errors.

My advice would be to test with a new hard drive and fresh installation of your OS.

• Corsair Employee
I would try and uninstall the Video Driver and see if it does the same thing with the default windows driver, if so check the version of Driver you are using for your Video Card. Also check the event log and see if there are any errors logged. In addition, its a long shot but I had the same problem and I found it to the driver for my USB scanner. So if you a USB Printer or scanner remove them while testing to make sure its not another device causing the problem. Simplify the system and test the add on components one at a time if you can not find a hardware problem.

i had an 7950GX2 and was doing the same problem and now i have 8800 ... Yesterday i formated my pc and when i switched the pc on to install windows Vista after 5 mins it froze... are the asus motherboard problematics with dominators :S? Cos my cousin has exactly the same memories and mobo and had the same prob but when he changed the voltage it was okay...

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, the most important things to do are:

place RAM in black slots

set RAM timing manually to 2T

set all known RAM timings manually

set LDT ratio to 4x

That last one is the killer, as far as I'm concerned. I built a computer for my mate, using the same mobo, and the thing would randomly crash for no apparent reason. We couldn't work it out. We tried various driver revisions, RAM timings, voltage settings... In the end changing the LDT ratio/multiplier from 5x to 4x sorted everything out. I'm talking a difference of night and day, here. I now run with that setting on my own P5N-E SLI.

I tried the one stick yesterday, ( run mem test for 3.5 hours and no errors were found ) and the other one stick today ( run mem test for 1 hour and no errors were found) I will try tomorrow to put the one stick on the black slot and the other on the yellow one. If this works then what the problem might be?

By the Way i had a look at this :

Motherboard make and model: Asus P5B, P5WD2 or M2N32-SLI Premium/Deluxe

Each pair is tested and packaged together using the following settings:

AI Over Clock Tuner: Manual

CPU External Frequency: Manually set to 200MHz

DDR2 SDRAM Clock: Manually set to 800MHz

PCI Express Freq: Auto

PCI Freq: 33.33

Performance Mode: Standard

DRAM Timing Selectable: Manual

SDRAM CAS Latency: 4T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 4T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 4T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 12T

SDRAM Write Recovery Time: 5

Write to Precharge Delay: 15 (If its Listed)

Command Rate: 2T

DDR2 SDRAM Voltage: 2.1

CPU Core Voltage: Auto

FSB Termination V: 1.50 V

MCH Chipset V: 1.65V

ICH Chipset V: 1.20V

All other settings are motherboard defaults.

Maximum DDR2 recommended VDIMM: 2.2 Volts

Whouldyou suggest me to follow it?

Archived