Corsair Community

Link 4.9.7.35 Temp problem with new Asus x470

dholmes

Just got a new Ryzen 2700x and ROG Strix X470-F Gaming motherboard. Ryzen master as well as CPUID's HWMonitor report 27C-40C temperatures. Where Link is showing close to 70C-90C temperatures. This is causing the fans to go nuts based on the default profile curves. Hopefully, an update will come out soon to fix the issues.

I did notice something else I thought was weird. It seems the default profile curves are out of order:

• "Quiet" makes the the fans spin up like crazy.
  • "Performance" seems more like the balanced setting.
  • "Balanced" is the most quiet.

With that being said, I used to always leave my profile on "Performance" and rarely heard the fans. I've attached a screen shot of the issue.

Capture.thumb.JPG.8ec0caf2118a3e6c56918ac661765142.JPG

After reading more in the forum, it appears that the default profiles do not correspond to CPU temp. They are supposedly tuned based on the pump temperature. So somehow when I downloaded the update it messed up the default profiles. I have since built a custom profile based on the pump temperature and that has quieted things down. However, it doesn't address the issue of the temperature being reported incorrectly. That isn't a huge issue since I can monitor it separately, but it is nice to run benchmarks and graph temps and fan speeds all in one application. Has anyone else experienced the default profiles acting weird? My "Quiet" profile is now the loudest.

Well you can change the fan curve settings in the default profiles. Perhaps you changed something without realizing it?

Regardless ... you appear settled right now. Note that the default curves peg 40C as the "high temp" mark for the coolant temperature. That's not a hard limit, just the default, and your temps may vary based on your ambient temp and your case temp. The GPU, in particular, can put an enormous amount of heat into the case.

As for the Ryzen temps, Corsair is aware of the issue. I don't know when there will be a fix but I would imagine soon.

Archived