Corsair Community

Wasserkühlung nach 6 Jahren auswechseln

CasualX

Hello

I put a pc together six years ago with a corsair h100 cooler, now its still working but my waranty is gone nearly a year. Should I change it or leave it as it is? I just want to be safe because some say that there are parts in a watercooling system that could break easily even when not used the computer regulary and on the other hand someone told me to not think about it since corsair is only using liquids that wont hurt any components? what do you think guys?

anything is fine from temps, fans and such things...I just know it from my aquariums before, even when not used the pump and hoses can get weak. sorry im overworked, I first wanna put this in german section. thanks you for your answer

They can and at 6 years you should probably do a regular inspection. It is also possible to get some evaporation over that length of time and that would normally be detectable as extra water noise or "sloshing" when you move the cooler or case. Secondary effect is usually a rise in coolant and CPU temperature.

Lots of good feedback in this thread already, though I wanted to add some. I would check out the condition of the hoses, when you clean the rad of dust. I hope you are doing that. Other than that just make sure your system has a fail safe in place in your bios to shut down the system if the pump stops working. The darker hoses that Corsair use has less issues with evaporation than some clear tubing I use in custom water cooling.

Archived