Corsair Community

LL Fans RGB Issues

kenn213

So I just put together a new build in a 1000d. These are the rest of the relevant components:

Maximus X Formula

H115i Pro

8x LL 120

2x LL 140

1000d (built in) Commander Pro

Lighting Node Pro (x1)

RGB Hub (x2)

I've got the 1000d Commaner Pro connected directly to the internal USB connector on the motherboard. The H115i Pro and the Lighting Node Pro are connected to the two internal USB connectors on the Commander Pro. I've tried connecting the two RGB hubs to both the Commander Pro and the Lighting Node Pro. One RGB hub has 6 fans, the other has 4.

The case lighting, H115i pump lighting and RAM lighting all work fine, and were lit on the initial boot. All the fans are spinning and that part functions fine. Only one fan (a 120) shows any signs of RGB activity. I've tried a number of different settings now in iCue and still only the one fan shows any activity.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Sorry, don't know how to resize images on this board. After switching one hub to the commander and then back to the lighting node, I now have 5/10 fans lit. Changing channel 1 pattern changes all 4 fans connected. Changing channel 2 lighting pattern changes the 1 lit fan from that hub.

I seleted 4 fans for channel 1 and 6 for channel 2, corresponding to my 2 hubs. I think this is what you are looking for:

H8KfLyu.png

PC Currently:

TEIOC9T.jpg

OK, we're making progress. That's good.

When you applied the lighting effects, did you select all of the fans/leds to apply the effects to? Also, have you tried to set both channels to 6 fans (just to make sure that you have them correct)?

Last, but not least, take a look at the RGB FAQ as well ...

Yes, I believe I selected all the led/fans when I applied the lighting. I clicked on "Lighting channel 1" and then changed the rainbow wave dropdown to another effect.

I'm sure I've got the correct channels for the hubs. I just tried swapping the position of two fans in the 6 fan hub that is only lighting one fan, and the lit fan switched positions. Also this happens in channel 2 of both commander pro and node pro (and I changed iCue accordingly). This means the hub is only sending out RGB signal on one port. I could try swapping that hub out as I do have another lying around.

And make sure that you've selected all of the fans on the lighting configuration.

How do I do this exactly? I've clicked on a single LED before in the display, and that turned all other LEDs off and let me control that one alone, but I wasn't sure how to select them all again.

Thanks. I think I have the hang of that now.

So rotating fans through the first channel seemed to work until I had 8/10 lit, but when I got to the last 2 other fans started going off. Then I decided to start eliminating issues, and I connected one hub with 6 fans to the commander pro and disconnected the lighting node. All 6 fans worked fine.

I added the lighting node back in with one hub on the first channel with 4 fans, and I can only get 2/4 to come on again. I'm still at 8/10 now.

jTOaORd.jpg

Archived