Corsair Community

H115i Pro not appearing in iCue

ualla

Hi all,

At some point recently, not exactly sure from when, my H115i Pro RGB cooler disappeared from iCue. It definitely was working 3 weeks ago, but I checked yesterday and it wasn't there anymore.

I've read another few threads on here and have tried the following (note that I confirm I am on the latest version of iCue):

1. I used USBDeView to see if I could enable it. I identified the cooler, but it simply wasn't recognised as connected.

2. I have tried a different USB mootherboard header, same result.

3. I have used a normal micro USB cable and connected it to a spare USB port at the back of my machine and the cooler appeared as normal in iCue.

4. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing iCue.

5. After uninstalling and installing iCue, i've run USBDeView again and I can't find the cooler in the list at all anymore, not even in its previous deactivated state.

I'm guessing at this point that it is an issue with the cable itself. I've written to Corsair support and they have offered kindly to replace the micro USB - 9 pin header cable, which is great.

Before they offered to send me a replacement, I had a look online and couldn't even find a cable anywhere, how weird.

Is there any other test I can carry out to make sure it is the cable that is faulty?

Thanks!

Well, it certainly sounds like it's the cable or the internal USB header. Step #3 above really seems to confirm that.

Make sure that your chipset drivers are updated from the manufacturer's website (don't trust the default ones that Windows installs).

Thanks DevBiker. Your suggestions were amongst those that I followed in my troubleshooting :)

Yep, all drivers are completely up to date. And I can confirm it was working a few weeks ago.

I did try my commander pro on both motherboard headers and it worked both times so am really hopeful it's just the cable.

Just wanted to add that I removed the Commander Pro as it was going haywire with HWMonitor and my cooler started appearing in iCue again without chainging the cable.

Unfortunately the Commander Pro will have to be returned, it's simply not working out. It has way too many issues.

Wait ... you are running another monitoring tool?

That right there could be your problem. Make sure that HWMonitor isn't monitoring the readings from the CoPro or the cooler. You cannot have more than one app monitoring those devices. It will go haywire.

Wait ... you are running another monitoring tool?

That right there could be your problem. Make sure that HWMonitor isn't monitoring the readings from the CoPro or the cooler. You cannot have more than one app monitoring those devices. It will go haywire.

In all honesty, I hardly ever ran them together (and HWMonitor isn't set to run on startup), but noticed that when I did run the 2 together it was mayhem.

Sad to say, the CoPro has got to go. Way too many conflicts. It's a great idea, but just way too many limitations.

Thanks for your input DevBiker!

Archived