Corsair Community

H100i V2 Troubleshooting

pelmic93

I recently installed the H100i v2 AIO. Pump LED comes on, fans spinning, however, in the BIOS it shows Pump RPM at 0. When I use the iCUE software, it shows the pump RPM (depending on which profile it's using). I'm inclined to believe the pump IS working since my temps are spiking. I made sure the fan header cable from the pump was plugged in, still only shows 0RPM in the BIOS.

On top of that, for the AIO iCUE shows Temp#1 never reaching 30c. But, with any other hardware monitoring software, my CPU temps are above 30, occasionally touching 50-60 even when idle (may need to reseat or reapply thermal paste) but usually steady 35-38c. My system temps staying at around 37c.

With the inconsistent results, what are other troubleshooting I should try? SHould I believe iCUE temps over say CPUID?

First, what fan header do you have the cooler plugged in to? If it's the "Pump Fan" header, then that will be the problem. If you plug the AIO's fan header into the CPU_FAN header and set the CPU_FAN header to 100%/Full Speed in the BIOS, it'll show about 1/2 the pump speed as the CPU_FAN speed.

Second, you seem to be confusing the AIO coolant temperature with the CPU temperature. They are two very different things. CPU heat is transferred to the liquid via the cooler's cold plate. As liquid has a higher specific heat than air or silicon (or any other material used for the CPU), it doesn't warm up as quickly as the CPU does.

And Kaby Lake is pretty spiky with CPU temps; that's normal.

From what you've said so far, I don't think you have inconsistent results just incorrect interpretation of the results. It's part of the learning curve when jumping to liquid cooling. I would also suggest that you take a look at the Cooler FAQ linked in my signature.

It would be the CPU_FAN header. After posting this I double checked the board and my BiOS and saw that my BIO CPU fan speed was going at 100%. I was confused on the interpretation of the readings on iCUE software. Did some digging and learned that it was coolant temperature and not the CPU (also, you just confirmed that).

I have read that the CPU temps for 7700k can get a bit high and that was normal.

It was worrying me because the pump RPM in the BIOS was 0 but showing up everywhere else. Least I know now I'm not crazy and that's working. Also my last cooler was a H75 and with that the pump RPM did show in the BIOS. So, not seeing with a new cooler made me worry.

So Temp#1 on iCUE being at 27c is the coolant temperature and CPU temps from other monitoring software are correct. That's good to know.

I appreciate the reply, really helped clear things up.

Archived