Corsair Community

Option to turn the lights off after X amount of time

Tolkirum

Hello, i have been using a K90 for years (the one with 18 macro keys, which is now renamed as Vengeance), and something has always angered me. Why isn't there a simple option in the software that turn all the lightings off after a certain amount of time ? I really don't want to do anything complicated in my lighting effects, and a simple thing that turns off the lights would be simple. You may know that the lights have a certain energy consumption, and that if I'm able to make my screen sleep, and even the lighting on my mouse (which I won't mention the brand, so I'm following the forum rules :biggrin:), I would really appreciate that the numerous litte lights of my keyboard turn off when I need to leave my PC for 10 mins for something urgent, that don't let me the time of pressing twice the little bottom on top, in order to press it twice again when I'm back...

Can you set your PC to automatically sleep after 10 minutes :)

Another option is to save your KB profile to "all off" to the on board memory. Then just get in the habit of locking your PC "Windows + L" keys.

This is the first time I have heard a request for something like this.

Your competitor, the company that sounds like the things I shave with, has an option in its software to turn off the lights after a user-specified period of inactivity. It also has a tickbox that shuts them off when your monitor goes to sleep. I would love to see iCue implement a similar feature.

As someone who uses a PC with wired and wireless keyboards with multiple displays in different locations I welcome this option when using my PC but not using my K70 keyboard. Using Sleep is not possible, and inferior and cheap way to solve a simple problem / request.

Archived