Corsair Community

Corsair link not detecting fans....

Ericthegreat777

I can see the pump, and my gpu fan fine, but not the corsair fans.... I have checked and they are running.

This is on latest version.

Okay so, I set the cpu fan to PWM in the qfan control in the bios, and it works. Thia should be stickied somewhere as a fix, it could also be because of the recent 1202 bios update.

• 2 weeks later...

Just built a PC today with an ASUS Maximus VIII Gene board using the H100i GTX for cooling and I'm seeing the same problem as the OP. Both fans are running but there is no fan information (flashing red in C Link). There is information for the pump. Note the H100i fan connector is plugged into the CPU_FAN header on the MB.

Too much of coincidence that we are both using ASUS Maximus VIII series MBs...

Both fans are running but there is no fan information (flashing red in C Link). There is information for the pump.

I'm wondering if this is a hardware/firmware issue within the H100iGTX or a software issue within CL.

I can't see how the pump speed can be reported, but not the fan speed as both speeds are reported in the same protocol message packet (I know this as a develop SIV). Given this I can't see how it could be related to the motherboard.

Were you to exit CL then run SIV and post screen shots of the [uSB Bus], [Link Devices], [Link Status], [status] and [sensors] panels I could comment further. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140665.

Could not find link status but i found cooling status....

Thanks Eric, but looking at http://postimg.org/image/4pulvx84z/ I can see you did not exit CL which is why you could not find [Link Status]. Please exit CL and then run SIV and also post the [sensors] panel. I suspect if you use the SIV 5.04 Beta (do Menu->File->Download->SIV Beta to get it) SIV will report more of the motherboard sensors as I have just updated the NCT6793D support code.

The reason you need to exit CL is a long story as you will see from http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=792672.

Are both the fans cooling the H100iGTX radiator connected to the H100iGTX?

Thank you for using the Beta. Looking at [Link Status] then the fan seems to be zero RPM

attachment.php?attachmentid=22885&stc=1&d=1443251738

but [Hardware Status] shows that there were two none zero values for both CPU Fan 1 and H100iGTX. Only one fan speed is reported so maybe it's a hardware issue with the fan, what happens if you swap the two fan connections? If you still get zero RPM most of the time then I suspect it's a issue within the H100iGTX. If the fan speed is reported OK then it's an issue with one of the fans. Either way I would request an RMA via https://corsair.secure.force.com/.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22887&stc=1&d=1443252021

1957824174_EricLinkStatus.thumb.png.5c3fcea12e1b9e5d3b47c98ad81580cf.png

1996325360_EricSensorDebug.thumb.png.ff9e46d1a560a337654262e0bc03c853.png

1543945002_EricHardwareStatus.thumb.png.8126f75af16a8796a71e8d1ad79a783b.png

OK, request an RMA. You may wish to opt for an express RMA so you get the new unit and then return the old one.

I have never seen an issue such as this before and will be interested to hear what happens. I am 99% sure it's a hardware issue as both CL and SIV report zero RPM most of the time. I also expect AIDA64 and HWiNFO will report 0 RPM, though they may not display the fan at all.

• 2 weeks later...

A bit late to the party... but I have the same issue as the others.

I've got a Hydro H100i GTX on an ASRock Z170 Extreme 4 board.

The Link software does not show the fan speed of the fans on the Hydro.

Everything else works fine. Pump info is shown, speed of case fans is shown, same with the temperatures.

I also am able to change the fan speed mode (Quiet, Balance, Performance) with the fans reacting to it.

If you have a asus mb and you use a gtx cooling go to bios and disable q fan control for the cpu fan, it was the only solution for my h100i gtx on the rampage v extreme. With DC or PWM set the cpu fan the pump would not run at maximum speed 2850 but near 2100-2200 and the h100 fan where red on the link, but they where spinning.

On the attachments you can see where those options are on the advanced bios.

20151016_032631.thumb.jpg.fa36fe7ed636805ab58128cc6a8d45f8.jpg

20151016_032615.thumb.jpg.0b944366dd931acdacb7b967f9e36656.jpg

Sorry for the late reply.

The fan speed indicator is there but just flashing red with 0 rpm.

http://i.imgur.com/K6QrjeD.png

Also with the ASRock mainboard you can only set different modes and values for the CPU fan, but you can not switch off CPU fan control completely.

Though I would think since the fans are connected to the Hydro and not the MB that should usually not be a problem.

Unless the software tries to read the CPU speed from the mainboard instead of the Link.

Also with the ASRock mainboard you can only set different modes and values for the CPU fan, but you can not switch off CPU fan control completely.

The H100iGTX get's it power from the CPU_FAN header so you need to switch off CPU Fan control in the BIOS.

What is it currently set to? If it's not off that could be the root cause of the issue.

Well I have not had time yet to test different fans etc.... but I did find something very interesting.

The ASRock mainboard does come with its own OC software called A-Tuning.

Unlike the UEFI or Link software that do not show the fan speed of the CPU / Hydro fans, A-Tuning does correctly show the fan speed.

From that I assume the hardware itself should be fine.

Something else I noticed. When selecting the Hydro fan speed display in the Link software and opening the "informative" tab on the right side it does say that 4 pin fans are connected. But the fans are 3 pin, and the Hydro to MB connector is 3 pin as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived