Corsair Community

Twin2X2048-6400C4 One stick problem

pandavi

I have purchased a brand new pair of Corsair XMS2 DDR2 2GByte Twin2X, matched memory pair and have them installed in my pc.

OS Windows XP Pro

The pc has crashed (blue screen with memory errors related text), every time I have tried to boot it.

I have tried booting the pc with each stick sparately and only one stick has kept the system runing, with the other one, however, the system crashed.

Please advise what to do.

Thank you.

• Corsair Employee
Please load setup defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Thank you for your reply.

I have tested both sticks each one over night, one is showing countless errors.

I have filled out a RMA request form and have received one.

The fast response from your support desk is remarkable!

I am trying to have the pair replaced by my local dealer, if not, I will send them to you for replacement.

Question: Does a matching pair have consequtive serial numbers?

Thank you!

Q1:Is the 2.1 Volts setting, you told me to use, for the memtest purpose only or may I set it up for normal use? The automatic setting by the bios is 1.8V.

Q2:In my manual setting list there is 2.08V or 2.12V. I have set it up 2.08V not to damage the dims. Is it correct or should I use the 2.12V option?

Thanks! Avi.

• Corsair Employee
Q1:Is the 2.1 Volts setting, you told me to use, for the memtest purpose only or may I set it up for normal use? The automatic setting by the bios is 1.8V.

Answer: NO the minimum suggested voltage is 1.9 Volts and with the MB you have I would suggest 2.1 Volts, but you are welcome to try any setting you like just dont go over 2.1 Volts.

Q2:In my manual setting list there is 2.08V or 2.12V. I have set it up 2.08V not to damage the dims. Is it correct or should I use the 2.12V option?

Thanks! Avi.

Answer: I would try them at 2.08 and 2.12 as a last resort.

Archived