Corsair Community

Issues with H100i v2, Commander Pro and LL120 Fans

user1268

I am using a H100i v2 AIO CPU Cooler and a Commander Pro to control the H100i & 3xLL120 RGB Fans via iCUE (I also have LINK installed, but I’ve found no use for it). I’ve disabled Q-Flow from the BIOS, but I’m having the following issues:

• When the LL120 Fans are running (via Commander Pro) on the Default Quiet Preset Profile, they will randomly spin up to 100% every few minutes then spin back down.

• What does Pump RPM mean in iCUE & What is a safe number? Mine constantly runs at ~2000RPM even at idol….. Is something misconfigured?

• Should I have disabled Q-Flow in the ASUS BIOS? Or are there any other settings I should change for my H100i v2? i.e THIS Post talks about editing Voltage control in the BIOS etc.

• I can’t change the “Quiet” Profile Settings (i.e Fan Curves etc), is this possible or do I need to create a custom profile?

I am using a H100i v2 AIO CPU Cooler and a Commander Pro to control the H100i & 3xLL120 RGB Fans via iCUE (I also have LINK installed, but I’ve found no use for it). I’ve disabled Q-Flow from the BIOS, but I’m having the following issues:

• When the LL120 Fans are running (via Commander Pro) on the Default Quiet Preset Profile, they will randomly spin up to 100% every few minutes then spin back down.

The default profiles for the CoPro are wonky and I think that they use CPU as the temperature source. Create a custom curve and use one of the CoPro's thermistors (measuring internal case temp) as the temp source. You'll need to do some playing around to see what values are appropriate.

• What does Pump RPM mean in iCUE & What is a safe number? Mine constantly runs at ~2000RPM even at idol….. Is something misconfigured?

It's how fast the pump is working. It's not dynamic based on load but static based on "Quiet" or "Extreme" setting. ~2000RPM is on the money for Quiet. You're good. (And check out the cooler FAQ for more details on the pump etc.)

• Should I have disabled Q-Flow in the ASUS BIOS? Or are there any other settings I should change for my H100i v2? i.e THIS Post talks about editing Voltage control in the BIOS etc.

You mean Q-Fan, right? Yes, for the fan header that the pump is connected to, that's the easiest thing to do on the Asus boards to make sure that the pump is properly powered.

• I can’t change the “Quiet” Profile Settings (i.e Fan Curves etc), is this possible or do I need to create a custom profile?

You need to create a custom profile. Which I recommend anyway.

Archived