Corsair Community

crc errors a problem?

have a question...I'm running a 256gb Corsair SSD in a new Macbook Pro. Smart utility shows I had 10 crc errors after one hour of use, but now have 33 hours with no additional errors. Smart tests run by Smart Utility, DIsk Utility, and Disk Warrior show that the drive is fine and error free. Should I be concerned and RMA the drive? Or do you think this was a one-off problem during installation?

I know crc errors are basically connection interface errors. My original drive was accidentally pulled out of my esata express card (by my playful dog) while migration assistant was running, so I'm hoping this is what caused the crc errors.

I'm a bit edgy about seeing crc errors simply because many users have experienced them while having bad SSD performance problems, especially with Samsung SSDs. However, OS X is running just fine and is very snappy with the SSD, and the three independent tests report there are no errors.

Any help/opinions on the matter are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Ha, yes the dog will be locked in the other room. But I did do a clean install on it to begin with. I'm up to 95 hours now and the errors haven't increased...they're staying at 10. I imagine this is a good sign? I think I should probably just go with it unless it gives me problems or the error count starts to increase. Thanks for your help!

No, I've only done one clean install, and that was when I received the drive. Smart Utility shows I have 10 crc errors, which were there from the beginning. I'm now up to 104 hours with still 10 crc errors. So my question is, should I be concerned? The error count is NOT increasing as time goes on. I don't really want to reinstall OS X, but I will if 10 CRC errors is something to be concerned about. In other words, is my drive working properly even though I have a few crc errors that aren't growing over time?

Archived