Corsair Community

HELP!!! issue with commander pro and hd120/140 fans

nkkpgpbgbg

i installed my corsair commander pro but my computer doesnt boot, the fan works and it spins but the lights on 3 HD120 and 1 HD140 rgb fans doesnt turn on. if i am only using the controller that came with the 3 hd120 pack without the commander pro, my computer turns on after reseating cmos battery,ram, and cpu. but when i use my corsair commander pro again, it basically will mess up my computer again. i've been dealing with these problem for the past 2 days now. i tried placing a ticket on tech support but im having issues with the part number. im desperate and i really need help...

When you say that your computer doesn't boot ... do you get a POST code? What motherboard are you using? Are you using the C-Pro to control fan speeds and, if so, when you aren't using it, where are the fans plugged in on your motherboard?

there are not POST code or anything. my computer just turns on and the fan spins without the light. i tried leaving it on for an hour hoping that something might but happen nothing happened. i am using gigabyte ab350 gaming 3. i didnt really get the chance to use the commander pro to control fan speeds because of this problem.

there are not POST code or anything. my computer just turns on and the fan spins without the light. i tried leaving it on for an hour hoping that something might but happen nothing happened. i am using gigabyte ab350 gaming 3. i didnt really get the chance to use the commander pro to control fan speeds because of this problem.

Your motherboard has diagnostic LEDs next to the front panel connectors. Is one of these lit? (Page 18 in the English version of the manual.) Your manual doesn't say anything about Beep/POST codes, unfortunately, so I don't know (but doubt) if you'd get any beeps for failures.

Your motherboard has diagnostic LEDs next to the front panel connectors. Is one of these lit? (Page 18 in the English version of the manual.) Your manual doesn't say anything about Beep/POST codes, unfortunately, so I don't know (but doubt) if you'd get any beeps for failures.

yeah CPU LED is lit when i i plug my fans to the commander pro.

Is the H80i plugged in to the CPU fan header? And where are the fans plugged in when not using the Commander Pro?

Something needs to be provide a tach reading to the CPU fan header. The C-Pro won't do that and most, if not all, motherboards won't boot (by default) if there is no fan tach reading on the CPU_FAN header.

Archived