Corsair Community

RM 750 constantly restarts after gtx 1050 ti added

doksan

Bought 3 years ago and happily used along with onboard graphic card. I added gtx 1050 ti and system often restarts with asus warning "protected power shortages, pc was restarted" etc. I don't exactly remember the warning but something like this.

I have fireware sound device no need power, just plug into mobo fw card

I have 1 midi interface but it's more like usb hub (i mean power need wise)

I have 1 midi keyboard no need power, just plug into mobo usb port

I have 1 usb hub 8 port. 4 dongle plugged

Any help would be appreciated

I bought this on Amazon, i also asked in there. Person using same psu mentioned that he has 1060 TI 6 GB graphic card (mine is 1050 TI 4 GB), also 3 internal hard drives he is using no problem

Cleaning the unit something like this?

61YKJGjSHTL._SL1300_.jpg

• Corsair Employee

Right. The PSU should have no issue supporting that graphics card.

And blowing it out isn't going to do anything.

Why are you so positive that there is nothing wrong with the graphics card or the PCIe slots on the motherboard?

Double check the power connectors on the graphics card and PSU and make sure they're firmly installed. Also reseat the graphics card into the motherboard and make sure it's fully in the slot. If you can, try another slot.

I am 100% sure warning was regards to power shortage and possibly psu failure or something like that. I can catch that same warning if you don't believe me. All i need to do is loose the PCI-e cable from the unit so 1050 TI will suck the electric from motherboard.

So i answered my own question. Warning was correct like i said, i was stupid to realize cable to the unit didn't really sit. And the unit on the bottom of my Antec case, difficult to bend down and look, if cable attached to the unit or not. But after your warning i alter the slot and give it a try and i wanted to make sure if the cables are ok. Then it's there..!

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
I am 100% sure warning was regards to power shortage and possibly psu failure or something like that.

You're guessing.

But if it was "Power supply surges detected during the previous power on ASUS anti-surge....."

It's not necessarily a power supply issue. The "power supply" can be from any component that supplies power. Again: a FET, a loose connection, etc.

I would be money the problem is not the PSU.

Archived