Corsair Community

TX750W Operating Noramally?

SvB4EvA

Issue #1 - When I cold boot my system it powers on for a split second (fans come) then powers off for about 3 seconds, then back on and boots. Never experienced this before and it seems weird to me.

Issue #2 - I read that the fan speed is automatically controlled based on temperature and load. The fan always seems to be running at a low speed at all times. The PSU is very hot to the touch and the air exhausted from it seems very hot also, even at system idle. I can only go off of prior experience in this matter, but I have been building my own systems for nearly 20 years, so I know PSUs get hot, but this one seems a little too hot.

Everything else seems to be fine. It provides stable power to my overclocked system. Although the 12V rail seems to be a little low @ 11.82V at idle. Is this too low?

Any feed back is highly appreciated.

• Corsair Employee

The cold boot issue could either be from the motherboard or the PSU, I would test it in a different system to see if you can isolate it.

The fan is controlled based upon the loading of the PSU and the temperature. I would try running some benchmarks and see if you notice the fan speeding up after a few minutes.

The official ATX spec is for each rail to remain within 5% of its rating. That means the 12v rail should stay within 11.4v - 12.6v. 11.8 should be no problem at all, and it's important to note that unless you are testing with a multimeter, the voltage readings may not be all that accurate.

If the unit seems like it is getting too hot then we can try replacing it, but its hard to determine how hot is too hot, without touching it myself. You may want to try testing it with it sitting outside the case to see if it still gets just as hot, or if there could be some other component that is causing it to heat up.

Request an RMA

Archived