Corsair Community

Corsair Link constantly crashing for last 2 days

seanpatrick

Hey there,

I'm not sure what's gone wrong, but corsair link seems to crash every couple of hours over the last 2 days. I've only got commander pro hooked up to it, and am not sure quite what's wrong.

Here's an event log from one crash, any idea?

Application: CorsairLink4.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException

at PInvokeDelegateFactoryInternalWrapperType0.ADL_Main_Control_Create(ADL_Main_Memory_AllocDelegate, Int32)

at CorsairLink4.Module.DisplayAdapter.Amd.ADL.ADL_Main_Control_Create()

at CorsairLink4.Module.DisplayAdapter.Amd.AmdDisplayAdapterComponent.GetDevices()

at CorsairLink4.Module.DisplayAdapter.Amd.AmdDisplayAdapterComponent+<Accept>d__0.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder.Start[[CorsairLink4.Module.DisplayAdapter.Amd.AmdDisplayAdapterComponent+<Accept>d__0, CorsairLink4.Module.DisplayAdapter, Version=4.9.4.28, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]](<Accept>d__0 ByRef)

at CorsairLink4.Module.DisplayAdapter.Amd.AmdDisplayAdapterComponent.Accept(CorsairLink4.Common.Shared.Communication.ISensorVisitor)

at CorsairLink4.Core.Services.Devices.DeviceMonitoringService+<HandleDeviceDataQueryRequest>d__0.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncVoidMethodBuilder.Start[[CorsairLink4.Core.Services.Devices.DeviceMonitoringService+<HandleDeviceDataQueryRequest>d__0, CorsairLink4.Core, Version=4.9.4.28, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]](<HandleDeviceDataQueryRequest>d__0 ByRef)

at CorsairLink4.Core.Services.Devices.DeviceMonitoringService.HandleDeviceDataQueryRequest(System.Object)

at System.Reactive.AnonymousObserver`1[[system.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].OnNextCore(System.__Canon)

at System.Reactive.ObserverBase`1[[system.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].OnNext(System.__Canon)

at CorsairLink4.Core.Services.DataService.<.ctor>b__5()

at Microsoft.AspNet.SignalR.Client.HubProxyExtensions.ExecuteCallback(System.String, Int32, Int32, System.Action)

at Microsoft.AspNet.SignalR.Client.HubProxyExtensions+<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<On>b__0(System.Collections.Generic.IList`1<Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken>)

at Microsoft.AspNet.SignalR.Client.Hubs.Subscription.OnReceived(System.Collections.Generic.IList`1<Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken>)

at Microsoft.AspNet.SignalR.Client.Hubs.HubProxy.InvokeEvent(System.String, System.Collections.Generic.IList`1<Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken>)

at Microsoft.AspNet.SignalR.Client.HubConnection.OnMessageReceived(Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken)

at Microsoft.AspNet.SignalR.Client.Connection+<>c__DisplayClass161_0.<Microsoft.AspNet.SignalR.Client.IConnection.OnReceived>b__1()

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecutionContextCallback(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(System.Threading.Tasks.Task ByRef)

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean)

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

AMD RX-480... though it was working fine for the first few weeks.

There are some known issues related to the component that Link uses for system information although, to be honest, most of them have had R9s. Are you seeing multiple graphics cards in Link? Have you recently updated your drivers?

There are some known issues related to the component that Link uses for system information although, to be honest, most of them have had R9s. Are you seeing multiple graphics cards in Link? Have you recently updated your drivers?

Just an update, even after the workaround file provided I still get crashes about 1 to 2 times a day.

I don't have an R9 actually, I have an Rx 480 - not sure it makes a difference though. Is there any kind of fix on the way do you know? Thanks!

Hi DevBiker,

Thanks for your response (again).

It's very possible that I updated my AMD graphics driver (as I do regularly whenever they issue an update). Since my initial post I've updated again to their latest version 18.1.1 but it still crashes periodically.

Perhaps I'll post another log next time a crash occurs to see if it's trying to access the same DLL (the significance of which I'm not clear on) to try to isolate the problem?

Thanks again!

Other than the crashes it seems to be working well for fan & pump control though.

Archived