Corsair Community

Force GT 120 GB - Is this normal? (Read/Write Speeds)

BMT

Hey All,

I purchased a Corsair Force GT around four months ago now. It was my first SSD, so as you can probably imagine, I was happy that everything seemed to happen a lot faster - unfortunately at the time I didn't think about benchmarking the drive.

I decided to benchmark it just under a week ago, and noticed that the speeds seemed rather odd. According to ATTO the maximum read speed I was getting was read 398666 - write 238080. I ran ATTO again today, after updating the drive firmware to 5.02 to see if there was any difference, and things do seem to have improved slightly, in that I'm now getting read 405841 write 240210.

Considering theoretically it's supposed to be 555/515, I thought the write speeds in particular seemed rather odd.

http://i.imgbox.com/acb1zAet.jpg

Here's the thing, I have a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 1.0) - which has a Marvell SE9128 SATA 6 chipset. Having done some reading up on things these chipsets seem rather... bad?

I tried installing the Marvell Console Driver, but this actually reduced drive performance further, so I rolled back to using the built-in Windows "Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller" driver.

All I really want to know is, is this normal based on my hardware setup (and the Marvell SE9128 chipset)? Or is there something very wrong here that I should be looking into/doing to improve this?

Many Thanks!

Archived