Corsair Community

LED case fan modes

anthrakz

Looking to get some led case fans for a pc that will sit next to the tv. Would ideally like leds that can be set to turn off, or go into a "low" mode once pc boots into windows to minimize the distraction of pulsing/glowy leds while watching tv. Looking at the Commander Pro Node 3 LL 3 fan kit, will that do what I need?

Looking to get some led case fans for a pc that will sit next to the tv. Would ideally like leds that can be set to turn off, or go into a "low" mode once pc boots into windows to minimize the distraction of pulsing/glowy leds while watching tv. Looking at the Commander Pro Node 3 LL 3 fan kit, will that do what I need?

Yes ... with iCue or Link.

With iCue, however, there are a couple of caveats. First, you need to be logged in. Second, you need to not have the system locked. Otherwise, iCue will do rainbows. With Link, you can log in and lock the machine and it'll keep the profile.

The profiles can be setup so the led's will automatically dim or turn off once everything is booted up in Link as well? I assume the 3 fan kit supports this Link function as well?

Yes. And with Link, if the system is locked or whatever, it'll keep the same profile; it won't revert to rainbow.

Archived