Corsair Community

issue

xNaquada

Hello. I just registered here (and just noticed this topic from googling) hoping it does indeed apply to me. Over the last week my system has become completely unstable at completely random times (ie. idling desktop, watching youtube, playing starcraft 2). Eventually the lockups and BSOD's increased in frequency. So I reformatted windows.

I am using the Corsair F60GB2-BRKT (firmware 2.0) as the OS drive. The serial number (on the package, not digital) starts with 1047xxxx.

With that preface out of the way, I reinstalled Windows 7x64. The system is immediately unstable with random lockups no less than 5 hours after reinstall (the crashes are at completely random times and unreproducible). I started troubleshooting (Tested ram in memtest 1 stick at a time-passes) Changed video card drivers to older ones, and yet strange lockups continue. All state ntoskrnl at the bsod. The system is running in AHCI mode.

So i then (still thinking it was a gfx card issue) swapped out my HD6850 which i was using with a known working card -an old Nvidia 8800GTS. Unfortunately the instability continued. I should mention the system is not overclocked in any way and in fact the system was stable for almost a year prior to last week with no new hardware addons or driver changes except monthly Graphics card driver updates from AMD.

With the new reinstall (3rd time) with the 8800gts and 1 stick of ram, I am still getting completely random lockups and bsods, thus eliminating the videocard, and ram. The most recent BSOD just happened and I was able to capture a dump.

Here is a screenshot of one bsod dump - http://imageshack.us/f/9/bsodntfs.png/ it depicts ntoskrnl.exe and NTFS.sys errors. I've tried running sfc /scanow and chkdsk /r (which the latest bsod mentioned to do) but these tests come back negative.

So my question is, is my SSD faulty? Is it included in this recall ( I see 120GB drives specifically mentioned but not the 60) ? And advice on this matter is greatly appreciated. As i said, the system was rock stable and now it is not, with no new hardware or significant driver changes. The clean installs have nothing installed except mouse/keyboard drivers and south/northbridge/ahci/graphics drivers (up to date)

Hello. I just registered here (and just noticed this topic from googling) hoping it does indeed apply to me.
You posted in a thread for the Force Series 3, so no, it doesn't apply to you.

Try updating to firmware 2.4 (link's on the left).

You posted in a thread for the Force Series 3, so no, it doesn't apply to you.

Try updating to firmware 2.4 (link's on the left).

First, thanks for the reply.

Is there a changelog from 2.0 > 2.4? Where can I locate it?

I will try the FW update pending the information.

Archived