Corsair Community

Problem with iTunes movies

banner1124

1TB corsair voyager air here. Have had this for some time and it's worked quite well. However, recently (since the last firmware upgrade actually) I've run into an issue where I cannot stream movies purchased on iTunes from the voyager air to my ipad. Digital copies I've downloaded, or ripped from blu ray still play just fine. But I cannot play any of the movies that I bought and downloaded from iTunes. Anyone else run into this issue?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi banner1124,

I've noticed the same problem. Even after re-syncing my apple devices in iTunes using the same iTunes library that contains the purchased movies, I can not get the iTunes purchased movie to play through my Voyager Air.

I've also tried the following with no success:

- updated voyager air firmware to latest version 2.2.

- updated voyager air app to latest version 2.1.0 (version 2.2 still not available on App Store)

- attempted to play video while using Safari web browser to connect to the voyager air

- attempted to play video through the app while voyager air wireless pass through is enabled.

- attempted to play video while using Safari web browser to connect to the VA and while voyager air wireless pass through is enabled.

Hopefully the new app update version 2.2 will address this issue and hopefully Apple will release the app update to their store soon.

Just wondering if this iTunes problem has been resolved for anyone, and how?

I downloaded the 2.3 firmware to the Voyager Air 1, and updated the iOS app on my iPad last night. Everything went OK.

I saw this thread about iTunes problems, so I decided to check if I could play iTunes movies and TV shows to the iPad. No luck. The Safari browser opened. The address looked similar to what I remember from past, successful, use of Safari to play video from the Voyager Air. The video, however, did not load. It showed "loading" at the bottom with the Play arrow, then the Play arrow moved to the middle of the screen.

I called Corsair Tech Support to see if this was a known issue, and if a fix was in the works. The Support Tech suggested letting the drive run, and rebuild the Media library, then access through the Voyager's Music/Vids etc. setup, rather than directly from my folder setup. I'll try that, even though it will take many hours, but don't really think it will make a difference. (I know that, when I played iTunes movies in the past, I did so from my folders.)

The Voyager Air FAQ that covers iTunes movies has a line saying the iPad must be synced with iTunes. Mine is.

If anyone knows how to fix this, I'd love to know.

I am having the same problem. Movies downloaded from iTunes don't work on Mac with new OS X (Yosemite) and iOS devices with iOS 8 installed when played from the Voyager Air folder on mac or through the Corsair App on iPhone/iPad.

I have updated firmware to 2.3.0 and the app on my iOS device is up to date. I have deleted iTunes movies and re-installed, all to no affect. Come on Corsair, this is why I bought the device - Please please please fix it....

I think the problem is related to the iTunes security key. I'm not really sure what that is, but the Voyager Air manual online makes reference to this. I hope it's just a glitch, and not that Apple no longer allows VA to stream to iOS devices.

I did some testing of different video files. I was able to play mp4s thru Safari (or Chrome) on the iPad by using the "Copy Link" function in the VA app. The folder path structure is the same for the iTunes movies, but they won't work.

I was able to play iTunes movies on my PC, however, by using the "Copy Link". Copied the link to an iTunes movie from the VA web client, opened iTunes, clicked on File, then Open Stream. Pasted in the addy, and it worked great. That was just for testing purposes, since I don't like watching movies on the PC.

I hope a Corsair rep will respond on this thread soon. The ability to store and play all my media files, including iTunes purchases, from the Voyager Air was one of the main reasons I chose it.

Thanks for the info. One of the links in your Sticky encourages those with an Apple developer account to submit a bug report.

I assume Corsair has one, and has done so?

I really miss watching iTunes stuff through the Voyager Air. I plan to contact Apple Support, too, to complain. May not help, but can't hurt.

• 2 months later...

Archived