Corsair Community

Difference between these Corsair Power Supplies?

dejhantulip

Hello,

I am planning on buying on newegg a motherboard (Asus Rampage III X58) and an i7 Extreme Edition processor, so I am looking for a 750w power supply and they offer these three:

1. CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-750HX 750W ATX12V 2.3

2. CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

3. CORSAIR Professional Series AX750 750W ATX12V v2.31

now, the thing that throws me off is the number 2 that says "compatible with core i7 power supply", what does that mean? Why does it only say it in that one? The others would not work with the i7 processor i am planning on buying? What is the difference between the 3 power supply units for the system i am trying to build?

Thanks for anyone who can answer any (or all ;)) of the questions :)

ORLANDO

i dont see the others say they are not.

sounds like newegg's marketing team threw that in to plant a seed that it would be the only one that will.

its rubbish, as long as the wattage and connector requirements of the i7 board are present (which all of them are) they will all suit the task.

happy shopping!

They'll all work. The difference is the HX is partially modular. That means most of the cables can be removed if you're not using them. The TX is a standard power supply. The AX is fully modular. All of the cables can be removed from the power supply, including the 24 pin ATX connector.

Archived