Corsair Community

CMPSU-650TX with the Asus P5N-D

danjw1

I have an Asus P5N-D Motherboad and just bought the CMPSU-650TX. Now I am trying to figure out if these will work properly together. The motherboard has a 24 pin main power connector and a 4 pin power connector and is a ATX 2.0 motherboard. I am looking at the CMPSU-650TX and it has a 20 pin + 4 connector on it. I don't see any connector for the other 4 pin power connector on the motherboard. How is this supposed to be connected?

That wasn't the issue. I had seen that in the manual that came with the computer. I figured it out though, there is a connector on the power supply that can be the 4 pin I needed or an 8 pin for EPS motherboards. That is what had me confused, I was thinking that connector was a PCI-Express 8 pin connector.

• Corsair Employee
That wasn't the issue. I had seen that in the manual that came with the computer. I figured it out though, there is a connector on the power supply that can be the 4 pin I needed or an 8 pin for EPS motherboards. That is what had me confused, I was thinking that connector was a PCI-Express 8 pin connector.

Sounds like you figured it out already, but just in case, the 8 pin EPS connector will split into 2x 4 pins for the boards that only require a 4 pin. The EPS 8 pin cable will be the only 8 pin connector which does not have "PCIE" written on the connector.

Archived