Corsair Community

Did Corsair change the sensor in the Scimitar?

LLama71

They never actually specified the sensor exactly in any official document. After its release it quickly surfaced the fact that it uses the 3988.

However, RocketJumpNinja (really good mouse reviewer that collaborates closely with Corsair) just released a video in which he talked a bit about the Scimitar (not a full review yet) and he casually mentioned the fact that the Scimitar uses the 3360. After watching the video and a quick Google search I also found an overclock.net forum post mentioning the Scimitar as a 3360 mouse. No official stuff however.

Can somebody clear things up for me? Preferably a Corsair rep, but there are also a lot of knowledgeable here not affiliated with Corsair.

Thanks!

That's my mistake actually... going to reupload that review with the corrections.

Basically I had heard the same, saw the 12000 DPI and steps of 100, did some minor testing, thought I had seen it listed on a Corsair site ... but no, it is the 3988.

I've now completed the full sensor tests and it spins out with the tilt-slam test, and it also has a high lift off distance (compared to the 3360).

Apologies for the misinformation!

I just came here to say I've seen your reupload. No harm done, I was going to wait for your review before buying it.

Anyway, keep up the good work! Every other mouse reviewer out there tells you the DPI (followed by the obligatory "insanely high" or some comment like that), counts the buttons for you and then ends the review.

Archived