Corsair Community

Corsair Link displaying 0.0 for devices

Bullet100

UPDATE:

After installing an older version that supports Windows 7 I am not getting an error message after Windows boot:

Update...it happened again this time. WTF?

http://i.imgur.com/UEIrfyA.png

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Error

Date: 11/12/2014 5:57:38 PM

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: (100)

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: User-PC

Description:

Faulting application name: CorsairLink.exe, version: 2.4.5110.41697, time stamp: 0x5201679f

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18409, time stamp: 0x53159a86

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x0000c42d

Faulting process id: 0x84c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cffecc0bee4dd6

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Link\CorsairLink.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 4be95ce0-6abf-11e4-9fef-10c37b6e7cac

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-11-12T22:57:38.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>3663</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>User-PC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>CorsairLink.exe</Data>

<Data>2.4.5110.41697</Data>

<Data>5201679f</Data>

<Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>

<Data>6.1.7601.18409</Data>

<Data>53159a86</Data>

<Data>e0434352</Data>

<Data>0000c42d</Data>

<Data>84c</Data>

<Data>01cffecc0bee4dd6</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Link\CorsairLink.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>

<Data>4be95ce0-6abf-11e4-9fef-10c37b6e7cac</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

----- old message -----

I recently reinstalled Corsair Link with the latest version 2.7.5361. Although after I setup my System placement and restart my machine some of the devices are now displaying as 0's.

http://i.imgur.com/IOnpTi2.png

You can clearly see that the devices are still there but they moved over to the left side of the screen. The 0's still show up in that list. Anyone know what's going on? How do I fix this?

I installed an older version suggested by another user (meant for Windows 7) and it seemed to have stopped the 0's issue I had. Although now I'm getting an error message everytime after startup, "Corsair Link has stopped working".

http://i.imgur.com/QqV4emk.png

Faulting application name: CorsairLINK.exe, version: 2.4.5110.41697, time stamp: 0x5201679f

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18409, time stamp: 0x53159a86

Faulting process id: 0x828

Faulting application start time: 0x01cffbb511268893

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Link\CorsairLINK.exe

Report Id: 516ce8e6-67a8-11e4-b65e-10c37b6e7cac

Could this have anything to do with me going to an older version from a new? The weird thing is the application still works fine.

I did uninstall from Program and Features, as well as removing the AppData/Corsair folder. Although I restarted the computer I did not do a cold boot. I will try that when I get home! I'll be surprised if that fixes the issue but it's worth a shot.

Thanks again.

I did uninstall from Program and Features, as well as removing the AppData/Corsair folder. Although I restarted the computer I did not do a cold boot. I will try that when I get home! I'll be surprised if that fixes the issue but it's worth a shot.

Thanks again.

it makes a big difference ,even tho the software is removed the cooling still runs till a coldboot.

it makes a big difference ,even tho the software is removed the cooling still runs till a coldboot.

I'm happy to report that my problems have all been solved now! The cold boot really did make a difference and although I'm rather surprised I'm also pretty damn happy. Thank you very much guys!

Does it always happen every time you load the LINK software after creating and saving a new profile?

Nah it only happened after Windows boot. After that the software would work just fine. I could close and restart the software with no error messages. Either way it seems to be fixed now! Thank you.

:D:

Update...it happened again this time. WTF?

http://i.imgur.com/UEIrfyA.png

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Error

Date: 11/12/2014 5:57:38 PM

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: (100)

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: User-PC

Description:

Faulting application name: CorsairLink.exe, version: 2.4.5110.41697, time stamp: 0x5201679f

Faulting process id: 0x84c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cffecc0bee4dd6

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Link\CorsairLink.exe

Report Id: 4be95ce0-6abf-11e4-9fef-10c37b6e7cac

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-11-12T22:57:38.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>3663</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>User-PC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>CorsairLink.exe</Data>

<Data>2.4.5110.41697</Data>

<Data>5201679f</Data>

<Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>

<Data>6.1.7601.18409</Data>

<Data>53159a86</Data>

<Data>e0434352</Data>

<Data>0000c42d</Data>

<Data>84c</Data>

<Data>01cffecc0bee4dd6</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Link\CorsairLink.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>

<Data>4be95ce0-6abf-11e4-9fef-10c37b6e7cac</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

I have Same issue with corsair link 2.7 on windows 7 ult 64 bit (by default it runs as admin), the corsair link loads fine by default with windows and it has a sys Tray icon that allows quick switching between cooling profiles and showing or hiding the actual corsair link window.

after awhile the corsair link just crashes and then all devices saved on specific profile, are shown with Zeros , but keep their layout from the profile created by the software ( even if not saved or named by you)

Even a full uninstall of the software and the usb link Driver ( remove only) will not restaure the SYSTRAY icon functionality or devices speeds or temps: after complete reinstal and cleaning all profiles, corsair link still manage to show same layout as before!, Corsair link will not load properly without the systray, wwhen systray loads it shows corsair splash screen.

Usually a system reboot will always allow corsair link to fix itself and re-detect all devices and their parameters right, even without uninnstal- re-install.

It is to be noted That I use and mostly Asus crossHair Formula V very invasive monitoring software ASUS SUITE, that loads a lot of services at system start up and it is very delicate to desactivate., Asus suite does not have control over CPU pump in DC mode at least ( did not explore PWM mode yet = bios setting), or on corsair pump controlled fans that are not even detected by asus suite.

If possible for an forum ADMIN to duplicate my post as a NEW THREAD about possible conflicts of Corsair links with pre-existent running motherboard Fans and powerr controlling sofwares like ASUS suite (installation guide or something of that kind thread).

Thanks again.

I am suspecting that Corsair link will work perfectly if I deactivate ASUS suite completely ( will experiment with this later)

A lot of interesting events and incidents happen when I load HWmonitor and speed fan OR play with asus and Corsair link and case fans physical connection ( connect them to corsair

At the moment asus suite has exclusivity over case fans and corsair link can't get POWER tab showing ( probably controlled by asus suite).

This is not to mention the inconvenience of corsair CPU fans blowing at 100 at start up ( 2500 RPM X2): take that! Lol for 10 secs then fall back to " an unknown DEFAULT speed" even before windows start loading : user last configured speed? strange stuff, and LED color buggy too and very hard to keep it's settings.

these are remarks from 1 week use of corsair link, hope someone could advise, thanks.

@R0GG

The LINK software is known to conflict with the ASUS Suite of software. You will need to close the ASUS software to prevent any conflicts between the LINK software. The ASUS software will not detect the fans connected to the pump nor will it detect a Corsair power supply.

The fans blowing at max speed on boot is normal. The firmware is initializing and will later slow the fans back to default until the LINK software and profile loads which will then change the fan speeds based on your configuration.

@R0GG

Thanks toasted for your clarifications and for confirming my suspicions about a probable conflict between corsair Link and Asus suite.

At one time I was able to control a case fan hooked to the motherboard by Corsair link !, and at another time I was able to control the same fan by the mobo while hooked to corsair link! crazy stuff :sigh!:

I'll definitely try Asus suite on Corsair Pump in PWM mode (trying to centralize all controls in one software), I'll also try to desactivate all ASUS services that run in the background (power management, fan management) even when asus suite is closed = tricky one. : in order to fully and well test Corsair Link capabilities and stability.

Thanks again.:rant:

Oops, a new problem : corsair link not able to change H80i pump speed in either DC or PMW modes, and neither asus suite, really a nightmare software, I am really starting to think to put back on my previous water cooler.

Oh mine just realized from another thread >> http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117861

that H80i and H100i pumps do not support speed variation, not a big deal, really surprising.

tested corsair link : 2.4 more stable interface with option to restart corsair link service from the software itself, but detects less devices , corsair link 2.7 has 2 processes: fortend = service and systray, and the corsair link itself exe, etc, I never had to instal, re install a software this much, too buggy, this crazy work is all done actually to be able to just control the speed of the 2 radiator fans and the pump led:

- the 2 fans could be hooked together to the same motherboard fan port and speed controlled very easily.

- the pump led resets itself at every reboot or after hibernation: never keeps it's settings (fix expected in corsair upcoming 2.8 version)

- corsair 2.7 makes system start up very lousy: this is all because of choice of USB hook up probably.

>>> So at the moment, I decided to do without corsair link software

- I finished playing with the 2 corsair link EXE located in the program files and subfolder frontend, launching manually the frontend one corsairLINK.exe (systray one acts like service) then following with the main corsairlink.exe, after pasting older good saved profiles from a save folder to APPdata/roaming/corsair folder and creating same name profile in corsair software and making it active, recovery of the profile layout WITHOUT rebooting !

- I have attached better resolution pictures of the folders in questions and corsair link, speedfan, asus suite side by side. :bigeyes:

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad100/berbirable/Forums/corsairLink1.png

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad100/berbirable/Forums/CorsairLink2.png

1199158637_corsairLink1.PNG.61aa8f5aea08d03d6f3f5ed4129b1ed1.PNG

CorsairLink2.PNG.371cf8d2af91586dba64ab52666b7539.PNG

Do the readings change over time with all of the software showing the exact value?

@Toasted:

All softwares show exactly the same values,so no evident conflict, I use HWinfo64 to verify the knowingly problematic AMD CPU internal monitoring temperature (detected and shown by Corsair link, Corsair link also shows Mobo CPU socket temp = most used, and pump temperature)

HWinfo64 is the only software that shows Asus mobo problematically overheating Northbridge temp known as T2 on asus crosshair formula V.

That is an interesting find. Thanks for sharing it. It may help people who want to run both the AI Suite and Corsair LINK at the same time.

What version of AI Suite are you running?

out of my 4 builds 2 are happy with Aisuite and Link and the other 2 have constant pizzing fights

odd

@Toasted:

Thanks you as well for following up with me, for sharing, and for your interest. I am using an updated version of AI suite v 2.00.05 (but I think there is a version 2.1 out there) although I like the original version 1.02 color scheme and snappiness better.

I do not keep up with the update of the components anymore (I check once a year maybe) as my version of asus crosshair formula V is the older original one (not the z). but most of the AI suite components did not get an update release.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/CROSSHAIR_V_FORMULA/HelpDesk_Download/

A small update: lately on the reboot or after exiting corsair link software from the systray, corsair link started showing devices all zeroed out, closing it then launching the 2 processes CorsairLINK.exe (frontend prog files/corsair subfolder ) and Corsairlink.exe (located in the program files/corsair launches the service corsair link again and loads it's saved profile successfully.

Make sure to kill corsairlink process if it persists in taskmanager, try launching those processes in different order..., make sure you have a back up save of your settings profile in a different folder in case things go bad and you need to re-instal.

Also Corsair link starts automatically with windows, and is not listed within msconfig windows autorun processes, I used Comodo autoruns or systernal autoruns or windows built in scheduler to disable it on system start up, so I could launch it manually.

CorsairLINK.exe (with capital letters) seems to be the one responsible for the " corsair service" and systray which both have to be running in order to have corsair link working (valid for version 2.73, for corsairlink 2.4 the service is built in the software interface and could be re-launched, but 2.4 has different other bugs..)

Good luck with this buggy amusement !

• 2 months later...

Ok Finally I had to disable corsair link all together because of random BSODS that disappeared after closing corsair link all together ( I just load it at system start up : impossible to disable from start up anyway, to select led color and verify one fan speed hooked to it) then I disable it right away.

After many hours running I noticed corsair link causes also Asus suite to become unstable and stop detecting some voltages and fan speeds.

Definitely not advised to keep corsair link running if not needed or if using Asus suite.

Ok Finally I had to disable corsair link all together because of random BSODS that disappeared after closing corsair link all together ( I just load it at system start up : impossible to disable from start up anyway, to select led color and verify one fan speed hooked to it) then I disable it right away.

After many hours running I noticed corsair link causes also Asus suite to become unstable and stop detecting some voltages and fan speeds.

Definitely not advised to keep corsair link running if not needed or if using Asus suite.

A BOSD is to be expected when 2 pieces of software are competing for the same information.

Archived