Corsair Community

EPoX 8RDA3I / Corsair XMS 3200 DDR / Barton 2500+

fadedlogix

Hi, let me first apologize if this has been discussed or talked about before. I've been searching for a few days for an answer to this struggle :/ Xmas Day I got some new pc equip for a second pc: EPoX 8RDA3I Corsair 512MB DDR XMS 3200 (CMX512-3200C2) AMD Barton 2500+ (333mhz) Now after getting everything in, setting up the bios with optimal defaults...i couldnt post. which was 166mhz (333mhz). Even with the memory turned down. Nothing. Then today, after talking to a guy that owned this board as well.. i went and loaded the "fail safe defaults" ...which were pretty much 100mhz FSB.. and voila.. everything booted up. I installed windows, i set up my machine, installed 3dmark, Q3, BF1942 etc etc.. So i decided to go ahead and put it to the settings that it should be running at.. -NOTHING-. So now im running at a crippled 150mhz, and the timings i believe are 8 3 3 2 - which those settings are fuxored in some ways in my mind..but maybe not. Soooooooo I guess I'm trying to see if anyone else has had this problem? or..if maybe it could be the memory or the chip? I dunno..any suggestions and opinions are valued.. thanks ahead of time... ant ps: I tried to find the updated bios(12/13/2003) file that is shown in epox flash magic program...but it doesnt finish downloading. And my search on the internet is never ending..any epox users have any suggestions? Im desperately needing help

• Corsair Employee
There should be no problems that I know of with this MB and memory combo other then you would just need to do as you have already done and set the memory Freq to run at the same speed as you CPU. I would try testing the memory on another system if possible with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] and let's make sure that you don’t have a bad module.

Archived