Corsair Community

F40 Slow read and write speeds

gxb913

Just got an Alienware M11x and placed an F40 drive into it as well as a clean installation of Windows 7 Professional x64. Ran the speed tests on AC power, my BIOS settings are set to AHCI and I have the most recent version of the firmware. Scored a 6.3 on the WEI but I've noticed that benchmark tends to not work so well with some SSD's...even moreso with the Sandforce controller. Any thoughts on what could be going on?

1312388110_ASSS.png.b5f65963c18727c3eb164ff2ca1cff42.png

ATTO.png.48d11898c6aa0f6f532c0fef2940c8a2.png

• Corsair Employee
I would suggest making an image of the current install and then use Parted Magic and secure erase the drive then install it as second drive and quick format it with a 4096 Allocation and test the drive with ATTO.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a shot when I have another computer to reformat the drive. I'm curious if there was a way to avoid this before the installation? Shouldn't the allocation size been taken care of during one of the install steps?

• Corsair Employee
Yes it should but its Microsoft sometimes it does not always work like it should. But to be sure its not some other problem formatting it as a second HDD and testing the drive will ensure its running properly.

Archived