Corsair Community

Link software load in background with multi users?

wnfield

Thanks goodness for this forum. I would have never made it through the install with out reading about others adventures. Manual sure did not help much.

Thanks to all you alpha and beta testers you saved me some time and frustration. Still had my fair share but less than some of you!

I am finally up and running with a profile controlling an H80 w/ two fans + two more case fans and the 3 temp probes in a Corsair 800D case.

My only problem now is that the link software program only controls after start up and launching the software. Till that time one has to put up with fans running wild. Corsair are you going to fix that? When?

Plus what about a multi user set up? For now I have to clone the profile to other users and instruct them on starting the software program?

Can Corsair on a future software version get link to run at boot ups for all users so that one administator profile works for the computer?

Seems to me this product was not ready for general public launch yet....

Thanks for reading.

• Corsair Employee
Once you create a profile it should load the profile to the Link so that it will run even in another O.S. It does take a few min for the profile to get implemented once it boots up but it should run the profile you define. Do you have the latest version installed?

I believe I have the latest version of the firmware and software

Corsair link - Version 1.2.5.0

Commander Firmware 1.1.9

Corsair Cooling Node 1.1.12

Do I understand correctly that when Win 7 Pro loads that the profile loads automatically? Or only after the program is lanuched?

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
No the program will not load but if you for example set up a profile on your main ID it will save the profile to the LINK firmware so the next time it runs the profile you set will load from hardware. The Link software will not auto run and it will not change form the profile until you run the software and reload another profile

Archived