Corsair Community

Intel 925XECV2 and 5400c, any problems?

graphiX

Hi,

I did an upgrade to my pc: Mobo Intel 925XECV2LK, P4 550, CORSAIR TWINX2X1024-5400C. Soon I disovered that After Effects 6.5 no more make ram preview at full resolution on my Matrox RTX100 Pro. It's there any problems between corsair and 925XE, like 3200 and 975pbz? I'm working at half resolution, that bother me a little bit. I did a bios upgrade but after some boot problems I downgrade it. I have plans to buy another CORSAIR TWINX2X1024-5400C, but what about 4x512 on an 925XE? That bug with no dual channel at 4x512Mb is happened only at Asus or at all mobos with 925XE?

Thank you

• Corsair Employee
Do you have the option to set the Dim Voltage? If so please try and set it to 1.9 Volts, and I would suggest running http://www.memtest.org on the system one module at a time to make sure one is not failing. But the problem you have described sonds more like a bios problem but a memory problem. And as far as I know there are no issues with our modules running in dual channel as long as you set the memory Freq to 533 MHz and set the Di Voltage to 1.9 Volts!

Do you have the option to set the Dim Voltage? If so please try and set it to 1.9 Volts, and I would suggest running http://www.memtest.org on the system one module at a time to make sure one is not failing. But the problem you have described sonds more like a bios problem but a memory problem. And as far as I know there are no issues with our modules running in dual channel as long as you set the memory Freq to 533 MHz and set the Di Voltage to 1.9 Volts!

No change. Same behaviour. One of my friend ask me to make same PC but with KingMax memories. I'll check with that memories, and after I'll do my decision.

Thanx anyway

Archived