Corsair Community

More Air for Motherboard

starfish

Yes I check exhaust air from p/s and rear fan it close to hot. Maybe its the heat wave we are having in southern Ca. I don't have A/C in my room. My GPU Temperature hit 60c idle.

List of what I'm using

ASUS Maximus VI Formula motherboard

Intel i7 4770K cpu

EVGA Ge Force GTX 770 SC

Corsair Hydro H100i cpu cooler

Corsair HX750 P/S

2 Samsung SSD 500GB in raid 0

I haven't started to O/C the system yet. Should I adjust the fan speed will that work?

This is my second system in 10+ years.

Just to add to the very good posts already made: if you do add a fan controller, make sure you have a way of tucking the fan wires out of the way. A very common rookie mistake is leaving the wires dangling from the controller, which will often fall or swing into the fan (especially the front or bottom one). Personally, I like to use wire loom or even some wide electrical tape to adhere it to the computer case. I do this with most of the cables so that (1) you have unimpeded air flow and (2) if you have a case with a side window or mesh, it looks really clean.

oneplus 2 schutzfolie

Thanks

Corsair Dustin and SouthSeaAtoll

Guess I need to get a small portable A/C for my room ( PC ) that is.

I took off the solid front panel and the front dust filter. I notice sheet metal blocking the fans air flow.

Can I cut away part of it and get better air flow or just leave it alone?

PICT0002.thumb.JPG.b392050019c7a040a74ff5cdd59eb80d.JPG

PICT0003.thumb.JPG.a2be65143af78b148ea6b46325b150a4.JPG

PICT0004.thumb.JPG.aa49d9281d6ca1271811be5a313406f1.JPG

PICT0005.thumb.JPG.521d7e631d1496f3d3450d0fda680cac.JPG

The only trick I have ever sen done on a very hot day (and I would not suggest it with a closed loop system) was to put my radiator with out fans in a bowl of ice water .

We tried it with a mates pc .

It worked quit well but you need to watch out for liquid freezing and stuff . That is why a closed loop system is not good to do it with ,cause you cant see the liquid in your tubes and your pump might not be strong enough to handle it .

Disclaimer : WE TRIED WITH A CUSTOM COOLER LOOP IT AND IT WORKED BUT IT MIGHT DESTROY YOUR PC

Archived