Corsair Community

Question Regarding TIM/Venting Frustration On Installation Of H60

Was frustrated before, cooled off now.

Looked at Arctic Silver website for proper way to apply paste to AMD CPU. However, obviously the best way was the original setup which I wasted. So AS has directions for the CPU, is there a recognized way to properly apply the TIM for the CPU AND the H60?

I'll go to Radioshack tomorrow to get a small vial of AS5 - but I read somewhere that the TIM on the H60 is a variant of Shin Etsu? Possible to receive confirmation regarding this?

And I'll still say, although a little bit more calmy, that the "manual" needs to be improved.

• Corsair Employee
We are sorry about that, but yes we use Shin Etsu thermal compound and what I would suggest AS5 does not work the best for our coolers I would suggest using a ceramic based compound and you should apply a coat on both the cooler and the CPU almost where its too much.

Is it possible to purchase Shin Etsu in a brick and mortar store? Or is it only online?

Also, when you say to apply a coat on both the cooler and the CPU, almost where it's too much - can you clarify? Pictures? A big dot on both the CPU and cooler or just put a thicker layer between the CPU and cooler. Looking for clarification.

Thanks!

Archived