Corsair Community

Corsair Carbide Spec 1_2 and 3 info requested

NightHawkSoup

On the Spec 1 cases I have seen where the front FANS can be mounted to the outside of the case in-between the plastic front cover and the actual metal case itself....... /Case/FAN/Outer Cover.

I have not seen any pics of the Spec 2 & 3 with this type of fan setup in front. Only the SPEC 1.

Does the SPEC 2 and SPEC 3 have this ability as well?

ALSO.... I was wondering if Corsair sells the SINGLE 5.25 Drive Cage from the Corsair Spec M2 Case (single top drive bay setup). I know its riveted in... but have a special project I am looking for parts for. and this would be really nice to be able to get.

Thanks in Advance

NightHawkSoup

Thanks for the reply Toasted.......

I finally got a pdf of the 3 manuals for the SPEC series.

In the Manual for the Spec-03, Step 6 "Removing the Front Fascia"(front Panel) it shows an image where the front fan is mounted outside the actual metal chassis. In between the chassis and the front panel itself.

I have attached this image to show what I am referring too.

Can anyone verify that the 1 or 2 120mm or 140mm Fans will FIT in this location?

Also in the manual for the Spec 3, it shows STEP 9, "installing a second fan"

In this image is shows the fans mounted on the INSIDE of the chassis.

So basically..... Can the fans be mounted either way?

I like the looks of the Spec 3 a lot. but want to make sure I know what I am getting before I get it..... No local computer stores around here to be able to check it out in person.

thanks in advance

NightHawkSoup

1921502711_spec3fanlocation.jpg.28c55548da0901f1d16f980f48fcc5ee.jpg

1311778696_spec3fanlocationstep9.jpg.a5d545d80feb4945c02fea5b29c0b755.jpg

Archived