Corsair Community

pc wont boot with 2 kits of CM2X1024-6400C4

bLURR

Hello Everyone,

I have a small dillemma (If that's how i spell it ;)). I was always using 1 pair of CM2X1024-6400C4, but I found out that it had errors, so I rma'ed it few days ago, I bought myself a new set at a store because I couldn't wait on my ram, and the idea of having 4gigs of ram sounds great. I tested it, it all works fine, no problems.

I got my rma'ed ram back, well not the same ram but new ram, but once i put it in together with the other ram, My pc won't boot, that is I won't even get to see a POST screen, I ran the new ram on it's own now, works great, no problems.. And the pc just normally goes on, just nothing happens, the fans are spinning, as if it is running. No beeping or whatever..

I've tried some stuff, like setting my ram to 2.1v which stood on the ram itself. And now i'm using the settings Jonnysmith put on these forums and it's running stable with 2 sticks in.

But with everything i've tried, still nothing happens when I try to boot with 2 pairs in my computer.

My specs are:

Intel Q6600

Asus P5N-E SLI

Point Of View Geforce 8800GTX

Seagate 500GB

Onboard sound

Please help me on this, the memory is running dual channel and since i have jonnysmith's settings it's running stable too. The bios is updated to the newest non-beta version 0901 without any problems.

Just the second that i put in all 4 of em it just won't boot. All sticks have been tested on errors.

Thanks alot if you can help me,

bLURR

Edit: I kind of fixed it by mixing my 2 pairs with dual channel, it's weird but it works :)

• Corsair Employee

With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.05 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

But if the system is stable now I would leave it alone.

Archived