Corsair Community

D250 compatibility question

jackka

Hi, everyone!

I'm planning to build a new PC with the D250 and have a couple of questions.

For the motherboard, I am considering the ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT. However, I've noticed in some pictures that this motherboard seems to have a small extra board with a bunch of capacitors on it installed perpendicular to the main board. I am worried that this thing will prevent the installation of a Corsair radiator that would normally fit in the D250.

1. Does anyone know if this particular motherboard will cause or not cause fitment issues for a radiator in the D250?

2. Also, would it be possible at all to fit two single-fanned 120mm radiators in place of a 240mm radiator? I don't plan to overclock anything and will only need basic cooling performance, so I was wondering if I could install two small radiators and have each one cool the CPU(Skylake i5) and GPU(970 or 980Ti).

Thanks for your inputs in advance and I can't wait to build a PC in this cool case once I'm sure what I can and can't fit in it ;)

• Corsair Employee

The 250D was designed to fit an older generation Maximus Impact and an H100i. You *should* be able to fit an H100i GTX in there, but it will be tight and you may have to lose the optical drive bay entirely.

We haven't personally tried dual 120mm rads in the side, but remember you can also put a 120mm or 140mm in the front of the chassis as well.

The 250D was designed to fit an older generation Maximus Impact and an H100i. You *should* be able to fit an H100i GTX in there, but it will be tight and you may have to lose the optical drive bay entirely.

We haven't personally tried dual 120mm rads in the side, but remember you can also put a 120mm or 140mm in the front of the chassis as well.

Right. The previous two generations of the motherboard seem to have the same perpendicular boards sticking out and, judging from some Youtube video installations, it seems that they just about clear the radiator.

I haven't had or used an optical drive for quite a few years now, so losing the bracket won't be a problem for me at all.

As far as the GPU, I've decided to go with a 980Ti card that comes with an integrated 120mm radiator, which could go in the front of the chassis or even in the side if it fits with the CPU radiator.

So it looks like I'm all cleared to go ahead and order the parts.

It will be a very sleek, silent, and compact PC, all while making no compromises in performance!

There is someone on this forum that has managed to fit a H100i GTX into this case BUT they have fitted it backwards (so the pipes are at the back of the case), this would not work for you.

I have managed to fit a P8Z77-i Deluxe which has the same DIGI+ VRM board that you have with a H100i. I tried a H100i GTX and it would not fit with the optical cage in, which I need to hold a fan controller.

Be careful with the additional rad on the GPU, pipes will start getting crossed and things will get extremely difficult to manage (also have you considered how much room you are going to have for airflow in the bottom of the case with a rad and fan with all of the PSU cables? I have an AX760i with the bare amount of cables and its still a mess down there.

Archived